Event log: not enough hard disk capacity

When rebooting my Windows 2000 server it writes a warning
in the event log saying that there is not enough hard
disk capacity on drive C:. It recommends to delete some
files.
But the explorer shows that there is about 3 GB free
space (what I assume to be right).

What is wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

I believe it will notify you when you have 10% (or less) free space on the
system volume.

juv wrote:
> When rebooting my Windows 2000 server it writes a warning
> in the event log saying that there is not enough hard
> disk capacity on drive C:. It recommends to delete some
> files.
> But the explorer shows that there is about 3 GB free
> space (what I assume to be right).
>
> What is wrong? Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance!

>I believe it will notify you when you have 10% (or less)
free space on the
>system volume.
Yes, thanks a lot. Indead it is only 10% free space
available, even 3 GB sounds like a lot of space. Is there
any option to set-up the level when a warning should
appear?

Many thanks & greetings.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <1783801c4493f$937a9c70$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com said...
> >I believe it will notify you when you have 10% (or less)
> free space on the
> >system volume.
> Yes, thanks a lot. Indead it is only 10% free space
> available, even 3 GB sounds like a lot of space. Is there
> any option to set-up the level when a warning should
> appear?

10% is not a lot of free space, especially on a drive hosting SQL.

TRENDING THREADS