System Crashed because of Hive file

steveb

Distinguished
May 11, 2003

After I soft booted my computer, my computer keeps rebooting. Below is an
error message that I saw.

The Regestry Can Not Load The Hive File

\Systemroot\System32\Config\Software

Can Not Load The Hive File

What is a Hive file?

The computer was booted with the Win 2000 CD and went into the recover, but
the recover said that
the harddrive has no data or operating system. This harddrive has data and
Win 2000 installed on it.

What can be done to get access this harddrive? I herd that the only way to
solve this problem is
formating the harddrive and install Win 2000.

Thank You!

Steve

Answered in .general

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"SteveB" <nospan666@nospan.com> wrote in message
| After I soft booted my computer, my computer keeps rebooting. Below is an
| error message that I saw.
|
| The Regestry Can Not Load The Hive File
|
| \Systemroot\System32\Config\Software
|
| Can Not Load The Hive File
|
| What is a Hive file?
|
| The computer was booted with the Win 2000 CD and went into the recover,
but
| the recover said that
| the harddrive has no data or operating system. This harddrive has data
and
| Win 2000 installed on it.
|
| What can be done to get access this harddrive? I herd that the only way
| solve this problem is
| formating the harddrive and install Win 2000.
|
| Thank You!
|
| Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

SteveB wrote:
> After I soft booted my computer, my computer keeps rebooting. Below
is an
> error message that I saw.
>
> The Regestry Can Not Load The Hive File
>
> \Systemroot\System32\Config\Software
>
> Can Not Load The Hive File
>
> What is a Hive file?
>
> The computer was booted with the Win 2000 CD and went into the
recover, but
> the recover said that
> the harddrive has no data or operating system. This harddrive has
data and
> Win 2000 installed on it.
>
> What can be done to get access this harddrive? I herd that the
only way to
> solve this problem is
> formating the harddrive and install Win 2000.
>
> Thank You!
>
> Steve
I would be very surprised if you have to reformat your hard disk. You
can easily find info on hive in google/etc. Here is some detailed
explanation of how to recover:
http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=42766

I STRONGLY SUGGEST BACKING UP THE HIVE FROM TIME TO TIME.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/File-System-Crashed-Hive-ftopict545206.html