Sign in with
Your question

A good case under 130 bucks

Last response: in Components
August 26, 2006 10:40:01 PM

I need to stick to a buget and I am looking for case under 130 bucks. A case that is not only attractive but also is strong and sturdy. A case which can handle moving to different places and lan parties. Any suggestions ?

More about : good case 130 bucks

August 27, 2006 12:03:34 AM

Quote:
I need to stick to a buget and I am looking for case under 130 bucks. A case that is not only attractive but also is strong and sturdy. A case which can handle moving to different places and lan parties. Any suggestions ?

Try the Antec Super LANboy. I have it. It's a nice case. Though I did get it for 14.99 at Fry's, not for $80 at Newegg.

Case
Related resources
August 27, 2006 1:13:14 AM

Alright thx for the suggestions.
August 27, 2006 8:32:58 AM

Quote:

Try the Antec Super LANboy. I have it. It's a nice case. Though I did get it for 14.99 at Fry's, not for $80 at Newegg.

Case

But an aluminium case isn't particularly sturdy.
August 27, 2006 9:46:56 AM

Quote:

While some aluminum cases aren't sturdy, there are some that are. I have used 6 different aluminum cases, 3 Lian Li (G50, V1100 IIB, 3077B), 1 Silverstone (TJ07B) and 1 Windy (Micrada). I would say that they are all sturdy, but not suitable for using as a stepping stool unless you want to put a big dent in the top. However, aluminum cases do tend to be noisier. As far as prices go, Lian Li's G50 and 3077 should be less than $130 in the states. The G50 is very light, but the HDD mounting is quite noisy. It needs to have some kind of rubber insulation mounting to keep the noise levels down.
August 27, 2006 10:05:15 AM

Quote:

While some aluminum cases aren't sturdy, there are some that are. I have used 6 different aluminum cases, 3 Lian Li (G50, V1100 IIB, 3077B), 1 Silverstone (TJ07B) and 1 Windy (Micrada). I would say that they are all sturdy, but not suitable for using as a stepping stool unless you want to put a big dent in the top. However, aluminum cases do tend to be noisier. As far as prices go, Lian Li's G50 and 3077 should be less than $130 in the states. The G50 is very light, but the HDD mounting is quite noisy. It needs to have some kind of rubber insulation mounting to keep the noise levels down.

Well since the guy merely asked for a sturdy case I'd probably skip over all of the aluminium cases. Some people like a light case for LAN's and some like heavy yet sturdy cases. I'm of the school of thought that a sturdy case is better so I had a 1000AMG and now have a P180. Both fairly sturdy cases although the P180 has an aluminium skin so it's quite as bump resistand as a full steel case.
August 28, 2006 2:57:45 PM

Quote:

Case

Well, yeah. But if you get a good deal on it it's great. I only got it because it was the cheapest case. It also came with 2 120mm fans. One that's a blue LED one and one normal in the back that you have to install. Lol, if you can't install a fan, don't build a computer.
August 28, 2006 3:12:46 PM

antec sonata is about $100 and is steel and very nice looking... then again atec got a few case to look at... if anything why ask us go on newegg or another site and just look for your self as $100 can get you a really nice case from quite a few companies
August 28, 2006 3:23:48 PM

alright, thx for the suggestions.
August 30, 2006 12:07:28 AM

look into the NZXT Lexa, it looks sweet as h3ll and with rebate off newegg it comes in at a price around 105 with out shipping. I hear it isnt the sturdiest case but its very light at 12.8lbs and also it comes with a custom lan strap that doesnt scratch the paint or nothing to make moving it easier.
!