Restrictions on multiple user accounts

I just setup a user account for my daughter and want to limit the amount of
time and/or times of day she can be on this computer. Is there an option for
this?
3 answers Last reply
More about restrictions multiple user accounts

    Hi,

    See if this information helps:

    Restrict User Logon Hours:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_restrict_users.htm

    Additional note from torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI:

    You will need 3rd party software to be able to do this, e.g. the program "1st Security Center" would maybe cover your requirement:

    http://www.1securitycenter.com/

    <quote>
    The powerful feature "User Working Time" allows you to limit working time for your children , office colleagues , students and so on. You can define several time intervals and time durations to manage users working time very easy.
    </quote>

    The application in the link below is a lot more limited, but it can e.g. force a logoff/shutdown at a set time or after a time duration (but it looks like this is computer based and not user based):

    Aye Shutdown
    http://www.ayesoftware.com/asd/

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ScottVA" <snkrichard@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:507BE3F5-D8EF-4A8A-89D0-6AAEA69D9223@microsoft.com...
    I just setup a user account for my daughter and want to limit the amount of
    time and/or times of day she can be on this computer. Is there an option for
    this?

    Ramesh

    Just to let you know, I purchased and downloaded the User Time Control
    Center from 1st Security and it seems to be working great. It was easy to
    install and use.

    Thank you very much for your help.

    ScottVA

    Thanks for the feedback ScottVA.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm

    "ScottVA" <snkrichard@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0BA912B5-60D5-4E8F-BF69-118A95958109@microsoft.com...
    Ramesh

    Just to let you know, I purchased and downloaded the User Time Control
    Center from 1st Security and it seems to be working great. It was easy to
    install and use.

    Thank you very much for your help.

    ScottVA

Computers Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP