Restrictions on multiple user accounts

I just setup a user account for my daughter and want to limit the amount of
time and/or times of day she can be on this computer. Is there an option for
this?

Hi,

See if this information helps:

Restrict User Logon Hours:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_restrict_users.htm

Additional note from torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI:

You will need 3rd party software to be able to do this, e.g. the program "1st Security Center" would maybe cover your requirement:

http://www.1securitycenter.com/

<quote>
The powerful feature "User Working Time" allows you to limit working time for your children , office colleagues , students and so on. You can define several time intervals and time durations to manage users working time very easy.
</quote>

The application in the link below is a lot more limited, but it can e.g. force a logoff/shutdown at a set time or after a time duration (but it looks like this is computer based and not user based):

Aye Shutdown
http://www.ayesoftware.com/asd/

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"ScottVA" <snkrichard@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:507BE3F5-D8EF-4A8A-89D0-6AAEA69D9223@microsoft.com...
I just setup a user account for my daughter and want to limit the amount of
time and/or times of day she can be on this computer. Is there an option for
this?

Ramesh

Just to let you know, I purchased and downloaded the User Time Control
Center from 1st Security and it seems to be working great. It was easy to
install and use.

Thank you very much for your help.

ScottVA

Thanks for the feedback ScottVA.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm