Text files

How do I save a document as a text file. The only option
I seem to have is Rich Text Format. Am I missing
something?
3 answers Last reply
More about text files

    Hi Sue,

    All you have to do is when you go to save it, at the end of the file name type in .txt , and it will save it as a text file.

    A text file is a 'Text Document', which is another name
    for Notepad. So if you are not finding 'Notepad' in
    start / programs / accessories, and if 'Text Document' is
    not one of the choices when you right click and go
    to 'new' Then try creating a shortcut for 'Notepad' on
    your desktop.

    Rt click on 'Start' and choose 'search'. In the box
    titled 'Search for files or folders named:' type in
    notepad. Go down to the box titled 'Look in', click the
    arrow at the rt of the box and choose your {C:}

    Click the button under that box which is titled 'Search
    Now'. As one of your results you >should< see Notepad in
    the 'name' column and to the right of it in the 'In
    Folder' column you should see C:\WINNT\system32. Rt click
    on notepad and choose 'create shortcut'. It will ask you
    do you want to place the shortcut on the desktop, choose
    yes and it will be there waiting on you.

    Double click on it to open it up and type or paste
    whatever you need to. Now if you do not have 'Notepad' in
    your system32 folder then hopefully someone will answer
    you with the needed info that will help you get this
    corrected. Hope this helps. Wayne B.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Sue <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > How do I save a document as a text file. The only option
    > I seem to have is Rich Text Format. Am I missing
    > something?

    You're more likely to get useful answers if you tell us what application
    you're trying to save from.

    --
    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio