Cant see NTFS partition anymore

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 28, 2004 4:16:08 PM

Hello,

I put in a new boot drive and got al my dada copied over and everything works just fine. But my second hard drive which I never did anything to and that i have all my data backed up to, well when I plugged it back in it says it cant access the disk that the file system is unknown. I never did anything to this drive and it was not a boot disk, just a basic disk formated as NTFS. I had this problem one other time, but I cannot remember what I did to fix it.

I know all the data is still there becuase I ran r-studio NTFS and it all comes up. Theres about 8GB of it. What can I do to tell windows 2K pro that this disk is formatted as NTFS so that it will see it again. I mean my other drive is till c: and this drive is still f: so I dont know how it happened. Thanks a lot

Dwayne

More about : ntfs partition anymore

Anonymous
May 29, 2004 11:38:26 AM

Hello Carito,

Sounds like the partition table might have gotten corrupted. Give us a call
and have us take a look at it. Rebuilding a partition table isn't something
I can walk you through in a newgroup post.

--
Robert Mitchell
Windows NT4&2000 MCSE

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

!