Motherboard Temperatures

I got p5b deluxe wi-fi motherboard ... cpu temp is a bit high 60C on average no AS5 though. Motherboard temps seem high too though at 40C. I have 4 chassis fans and an enermax liberty 500 watt power supply. a MSI 7900GT video card.

Any ideas on the temperatures and how to get the motherboard to be a bit cooler?

sailer

Splendid
I have an AMD cpu, so my cpu temp comparison may not mean that much. Anyway, my cpu runs between 35-45c. My motherboard runs between 33-46c. You seem a bit high, but I'm not sure how much.

One suggestion, if you don't have it already, is to have a fan exhausting from the top of the case. That seems to get rid of a lot more hot air than just blowing it out the back, or at least it has on my computer. Of course, some AS5 for the cpu will help a bit too, as you already know.

ya my cpu temp is a bit high i think. Going to attempt to re-seat the heatsink. I only have AS3 but my friend as AS5.

Only way for me to put a fan on top is to drill a hole on the top of the steal case. I don't know about you but i'm not really sure how to cut through steal and not really motivated to do that heheh =)

Well if your motherboard temps are between 33-46 and mine is 40 then i suppose thats about normal. It was fairly hot today. About 83 with humidity.

WHen i buy a new case down the road i'll have to consider getting one with a fan on top. that's actually a better way to get the hot air out since heat rises naturally in the first place.

I have an AMD cpu, so my cpu temp comparison may not mean that much. Anyway, my cpu runs between 35-45c. My motherboard runs between 33-46c. You seem a bit high, but I'm not sure how much.

One suggestion, if you don't have it already, is to have a fan exhausting from the top of the case. That seems to get rid of a lot more hot air than just blowing it out the back, or at least it has on my computer. Of course, some AS5 for the cpu will help a bit too, as you already know.

Hellf1re

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I wouldn't worry about your motherboard temps, totally normal. I have the AMD version and it hovers between 38c-43c during the summer. Although, your CPU is way too hot! You can fry an egg on that thig! Your CPU should only be 2c-3c above your motherboard temp. Take my advice and get an aftermarket CPU cooler pronto!

This is a very good investment! MAXIMUM PC KICK ASS Product!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118003

i don't have the money for that - i spent more than i wanted to as it is heh.

I wouldn't worry about your motherboard temps, totally normal. I have the AMD version and it hovers between 38c-43c during the summer. Although, your CPU is way too hot! You can fry an egg on that thig! Your CPU should only be 2c-3c above your motherboard temp. Take my advice and get an aftermarket CPU cooler pronto!

This is a very good investment! MAXIMUM PC KICK ASS Product!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118003

mizlplix

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I have been online 2 hours at this time. According to Everest:
Mobo= 6 deg.
CPU= 12 deg.
GPu1=36 deg.
GPU2= 32 deg.

Read my sig. below and you'll see I have some pretty hefty stuff to be at these temps.

(My MoBo, CPU, GPU's and cards are all inside a $140 Walmart freezer chest).

My PSU, 4 Raptor RAID, 3 optical drives are external.

Been running it for 3 months so far with good results.

Regards, Mizlplix

killtacular

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Asus mobos are whack. I had a AMD AM2 X2 4600+ and an Asus M2N-E mobo. The temps were 40 degrees idle and 60 degrees full load. I purchased the Zalman AM2 heatsink but had no affect on the temps. How can this be?

My mobo would then reboot every 30mins. After research I realised that many of the Asus mobos have similar temp and restarting problems.

I eventually gave up and got a Gigabyte GA57SLI-S4 and have never looked back! My cpu temps are now 28 degrees idle and 46 degrees full load.

My advice, scrap Asus...

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I guess your still having temp problems.

It still seems as though, that 775 socket installation is just a big pain. I've been finding and reading enough to see the same problems and fix.

The fix is to keep trying, and perhaps hear a loud snap. Here's what I've been looking at, from the CPU forum:

Another update and happy ending. Temps below in format Core Temp/ASUS Probe.

I have re-applied AS5 third time. Turned on system...

Idle temp: 39c/43c
2xPrime95: 63c/68c after ~ 5 minutes.

At that point I was quite disappointed with results.

Then I tried check the plastic fasteners. Tried pushed a little harder without pulling processor out. Pressed hard on on one, then another, and then I pressed quite hard on pin closest to CPU FAN mb contact... And I heard quite load crack sound... I thought sh%t, I broke my motherboard....

Immedeately turned on system, to check if it boots... And it did boot!

And what I see now?
Idle: 33c/37c
2xPrime95 after ~15 min: 48c/51c!!!

So, i guess that crack sound was final snap of the pin.. It was pretty loud to me...
Good part is that processor gets proper cooling now. I am quite happy about that.

Thank you very much everyone for advices and recommendations!!!!
:D

The thread is:

Conroe E6600 temp: 47c - idle, 72C - on heavy load...

sailer

Splendid
Can't say anything about your experience, but I've never had temps that high on any of my ASUS boards. Maybe just a paculiarity of your particular board, don't know.

bigdog_48

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
If it materes I had my asus p5wd2 premiun board running for 2 yrs cpu tmp is aways around (39c/45c ) board run about ( 37c/39c ) and also have a geforce gtx/9800 temps are between ( 145 f/ to 158f ) I did some reading on intel duel core 3.0 39c is the right temp for it. These are todays temps with out my air running in the house windows are open out side temp is 78f. when playing wow-game temp get a little higher cpu 127f and board is as high as 102f gpu stays about the same ( 147f/158f ) so I think your okay check with intel to get right temps or ADM. Also have a big asus heat sink it a raid 5 alot of stuff on this setup dont want to write it all down Im lazy like that lol its all in a old sidewinder box 4 fans 1200 wt power supply hope this helps.