quick thermal printing question

hello,

does anyone know the temperature required by a thermal print head to
produce a black dot on a piece of thermal paper?

thank you,
david

ME

In message <1122511876.189381.22310@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
davidrowyn <davidrowyn@hotmail.com> writes
>hello,
>does anyone know the temperature required by a thermal print head to
>produce a black dot on a piece of thermal paper?
I would expect its different for each printer and ink formulation.

--
Timothy

If I remember correct about 150 degrees centrigrade C. I'm sure the ink melt
point is for sure 70-80 oC.

--
Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

--
"me@privacy.net" <me@Privacy.Net> wrote in message

> In message <1122511876.189381.22310@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> davidrowyn <davidrowyn@hotmail.com> writes
> >hello,
> >does anyone know the temperature required by a thermal print head to
> >produce a black dot on a piece of thermal paper?
> I would expect its different for each printer and ink formulation.
>
> --
> Timothy

Thermal printers do not use ink. The paper (same as thermal fax paper)
reacts to heat.
--
Ron

"me@privacy.net" <me@Privacy.Net> wrote in message
> In message <1122511876.189381.22310@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> davidrowyn <davidrowyn@hotmail.com> writes
>>hello,
>>does anyone know the temperature required by a thermal print head to
>>produce a black dot on a piece of thermal paper?
> I would expect its different for each printer and ink formulation.
>
> --
> Timothy

> Thermal printers do not use ink. The paper (same as thermal fax paper)
> reacts to heat.

You are right. My mistake, I misunderstood thermal transfer ribbon
(sublimation) printer...

ME

In message <oY9Ge.2407$PC7.1327@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, Ron Cohen
<d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> writes
>Thermal printers do not use ink. The paper (same as thermal fax paper)
>reacts to heat.

Fairy nuff, I wasn't thinking about fax machines but different
technologies to fire ink at a piece of paper.

In which case the answer is actually quite low I think, after all when
the paper comes out it doesnt feel hot. When you use pressure on the
paper to generate the black is that heat from friction or just the
pressure?

--
Timothy