Long live Asus

Like the title says, long live Asus, The King of Motherboards.

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
Asus P5WDG2 WS Professional
Corsair XMS DDR28500 4GB
4x Western Digital Raptor 1500 RAID 0
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
2x BenQ BW1000 Blu-ray (coming soon)
Koolance Exos 2 Liquid Cooling System
2x Koolance RAM Dual Memory Cooler
2x Koolance Dual Hard Drive Cooler
Thermaltake Water Temp Indicator
Koolance HX-360 Radiator for 120mm Fan
Hiper Type-R 580W Modular Power Supply
Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T Case

Apple 30" Cinema Display
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX Speaker System

2.99GHz overclocked at 3.8GHz
XMS2-8500 1066GHz overclocked at 1200MHz
1.2TB

(HDs coming soon from 4x Seagate Cheetah 15k.4)
22 answers Last reply
More about long live asus
  1. alright than, let me just go get you a nice white canvas suit with some nice brown leather straps on it.
  2. You have what seems to be a great setup, but Why did you get an FX 5700 Ultra???

    It's like owning a bentley and putting on crappy used all-season tires.
  3. lol, i didnt even read the post. Yeah, you gotta ditch that 5700, its about 3 years old. I would go with somthing from the 79** nvidia or the 19** from ati
  4. Sound like his wet dream machine. I wonder when he will build it. 2 years from now...hehe
  5. So what exactly is your point?
  6. isn't this the second thread you've started to post your machine's specs?
  7. Quote:
    Like the title says, long live Asus, The King of Motherboards.

    Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Professional
    Corsair XMS DDR28500 4GB
    4x Western Digital Raptor 1500 RAID 0
    nVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    2x BenQ BW1000 Blu-ray (coming soon)
    Koolance Exos 2 Liquid Cooling System
    2x Koolance RAM Dual Memory Cooler
    2x Koolance Dual Hard Drive Cooler
    Thermaltake Water Temp Indicator
    Koolance HX-360 Radiator for 120mm Fan
    Hiper Type-R 580W Modular Power Supply
    Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T Case

    Apple 30" Cinema Display
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
    Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX Speaker System

    2.99GHz overclocked at 3.8GHz
    XMS2-8500 1066GHz overclocked at 1200MHz
    1.2TB

    (HDs coming soon from 4x Seagate Cheetah 15k.4)


    Wow, I have a FX 5700 ultra running in an old xp2000 system. Did they really make one in pci-x? Strange setup you have there. Have fun with that!

    Quote:
    You have what seems to be a great setup, but Why did you get an FX 5700 Ultra???

    It's like owning a bentley and putting on crappy used all-season tires.


    No, a better analogy would be: It's like owning a Bentley but insisting on an engine taken from a Geo Metro to run it.
  8. just- LOL

    he prolly just bsed the whole thing and was soo noob that he ddnt kno any video cards so he put on what he had in his machne alredy 0.o'' strange guy...
  9. maybe he was looking for the most expensive stuff on newegg and they had one of those really weird things where a really crappy old thing is accidentally a boat load more expensive. I've seen here and there thigns which should be a few hundred dollars, if that, in the thousands for no apparent reason.

    Oh and didn't I just see a thread started by you that had you with the intel p4 extreme edition instead of the c2d? Methinks you are a lying sack of... well, sack, who just wants people to think he's cool with the system that he doesn't have.
  10. The setup seems to change every time you post it. First it was SLi Quadro's, then everyone pointed out to you that they were useless for gaming, and now they've been miraculously replaced by an AGP card. Nice.
  11. I took your advice and am selling the Quadro and getting a new card for gaming, like I said I bought the Quadro from my friend and the P4 EE was in my other computer and since I couldn't afford a new proc right away I just used that one. The C2D EE is here and running and the 5700 is a temp. I will try to get some pics up.
  12. So it's the 5700 Ultra PCX model then?

    Noone just randomly takes out SLi Quadro's just 'on a whim' because some people on a forum told them to.
  13. Quote:
    (...)I will try to get some pics up.

    such a difficult task...


  14. Synergy6
  15. Showing off or just your idea of a dream machine? Why Apple 30" and not the Dell 30" widescreen? Reviews seem to think the Dell is cheaper and better. That graphics card will never ever be able to handle a 30" screen. My X1900XT is powering my 24" Dell widescreen LCD and its great for most games but I seriously doubt even it could handle a 30" screen without SLI. Do the FX cards even have dual DVI links required to drive that size screen?
  16. Quote:


    Synergy6


    Would not a tool to cut the cookie be more appropriate?
  17. Quote:
    Would not a tool to cut the cookie be more appropriate?


    Nope, just the cookie. That's all he needs.
    Synergy6
  18. Long Live PRON
  19. hm....what is the point of this post?
  20. Quote:
    Sound like his wet dream machine. I wonder when he will build it. 2 years from now...hehe


    Who has wet dreams about Geforce FXs?
  21. The king may want to go shopping for a faster ISP. their servers are SO SLOW... It takes years to download anything from the ASUS website..

    now y did i type this again?
  22. I still want to know how he got the AGP card to work in the PCIe slot?!? LOL

    Best,

    3Ball
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards