Strange Noise when playing games with X-Fi

Voska

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Ok I just recently for a new Motherboard and CPU to upgrade from my old system. I am using a Creative X-Fi Extreme Music. I have the latest patch. the problem is, is that when I play a game like BF2 or GRAW I hear this high pitch scratchy noise and if I dont exit the game my computer automatically restarts. This is strange. it never did that with my old system. I have tried moving it from one PCI slot to another and no luck. I have downloaded the driver 3 times on two seperate machines. tried that no affect. heck I even reinstalled my entire OS and drivers and still no affect. I have had this card since Chirstmas and loved it. Does anyone have any ideas???

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Try uninstalling your antivirus. My Audigy2 had a very similar problem with Norton Systemworks.
Since you've already done a couple of clean installs, try one without whatever av program you use. May help clear that up.
Worked for me.

Voska

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
I dont use AV Utility. the system in question is soley for gaming the computer im on is for the internet and has Panda Titanium on it. and game updates that come from websites go onto this comptuer then onto the gaming PC.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
You need a new PSU.... That card needs at least a 1KVA psu or it will cause glitches... (or so says most every other post around here, no matter the card...) ;-)

Voska

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
You need a new PSU.... That card needs at least a 1KVA psu or it will cause glitches... (or so says most every other post around here, no matter the card...) ;-)

I Have an Vantec Stealth 520W here are its voltages

+3.3V = 26A
+5V = 52A
+12V = 28A
-12V = 1.0A
-5V = 0.8A
+5VSB = 2.5A

I would be shocked if this doesnt handel the video card

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Well, did you try uninstalling Panda to see if that helped?
Other than that, only checking your drivers comes to mind. Have you tried different PCI slots? That seems to help some people, despite that IRQs are automatically handled by XP.