Need help: Lost file by use Undo Copy in file explorer

Hi,
Not sure if anyone can help with my problem, but any
comments are welcome. I try to copy one folder to my backup
folder and I cancel the copy in the middle of copying since
I change my mind, I choose cut and paste after cancel the
copy, but since some file may already there, I got some
error message, so I chose Undo copy in file explorer, then
I found that my folder was gone from both source&target
place, and it even could not be found in recycle bin. To
help understand my action, I list them below:
1. Copy folder1 to backup folder.
2. During the copy, I click cancel copy.
3. Cut folder1 and Paste to backup folder.
4. Got some error message.
5. Click Undo copy in file explorer.
6. Found folder1 is lost.

Any idea for recover lost file is welcome since I lost only
copy of those files.

Thanks,
Xiaogang.
1 answer Last reply
More about need help lost file undo copy file explorer

    Try www.undelete.com - or one of the other undelete programs out there. Do
    it quickly. The problem wasn't with your copy or cancelling same, the
    problem is you cut & pasted & that didn't go through.....

    Xiaogang Pan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Not sure if anyone can help with my problem, but any
    > comments are welcome. I try to copy one folder to my backup
    > folder and I cancel the copy in the middle of copying since
    > I change my mind, I choose cut and paste after cancel the
    > copy, but since some file may already there, I got some
    > error message, so I chose Undo copy in file explorer, then
    > I found that my folder was gone from both source&target
    > place, and it even could not be found in recycle bin. To
    > help understand my action, I list them below:
    > 1. Copy folder1 to backup folder.
    > 2. During the copy, I click cancel copy.
    > 3. Cut folder1 and Paste to backup folder.
    > 4. Got some error message.
    > 5. Click Undo copy in file explorer.
    > 6. Found folder1 is lost.
    >
    > Any idea for recover lost file is welcome since I lost only
    > copy of those files.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Xiaogang.

File System Explorer Error Message Windows