Need help: Lost file by use Undo Copy in file explorer

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 31, 2004 12:02:21 AM

Hi,
Not sure if anyone can help with my problem, but any
comments are welcome. I try to copy one folder to my backup
folder and I cancel the copy in the middle of copying since
I change my mind, I choose cut and paste after cancel the
copy, but since some file may already there, I got some
error message, so I chose Undo copy in file explorer, then
I found that my folder was gone from both source&target
place, and it even could not be found in recycle bin. To
help understand my action, I list them below:
1. Copy folder1 to backup folder.
2. During the copy, I click cancel copy.
3. Cut folder1 and Paste to backup folder.
4. Got some error message.
5. Click Undo copy in file explorer.
6. Found folder1 is lost.

Any idea for recover lost file is welcome since I lost only
copy of those files.

Thanks,
Xiaogang.
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 1:17:53 PM

Try www.undelete.com - or one of the other undelete programs out there. Do
it quickly. The problem wasn't with your copy or cancelling same, the
problem is you cut & pasted & that didn't go through.....

!