C: and D: drives

We installed the windows XP Home Edition and cannot
figure out why everything is saved to the D: drive.
Shouldn't it all go to the C: drive and if yes, how do we
change that.
2 answers Last reply
More about drives

    Depends exactly what you mean by, 'everything is saved to the D: drive'
    ie do you mean saved files or installed apps?
    Was this a clean install or upgrade?

    "JAC" <natas666_66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > We installed the windows XP Home Edition and cannot
    > figure out why everything is saved to the D: drive.
    > Shouldn't it all go to the C: drive and if yes, how do we
    > change that.

    Hi, JAC.

    Each computer system is individual. My "Drive D:" is a logical drive in the
    extended partition of my first physical hard disk. For many computers, D:
    is the CD/DVD drive.

    What make and model is your computer. How many physical drives do you have,
    and how are they partitioned? What operating system (Win98? Win2K?) was on
    your computer before you installed WinXP?

    And, as DL asked, what is "everything"? What applications (Works? Excel?
    Quicken? Games? PhotoSuite?) are you running? Did the application install
    to Drive D:? Or is the application on C: sending its data files to D:?

    Sorry for all the questions, JAC, but without at least some of these
    answers, we're just guessing how to help you. You can see your computer; we
    can't.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "JAC" <natas666_66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > We installed the windows XP Home Edition and cannot
    > figure out why everything is saved to the D: drive.
    > Shouldn't it all go to the C: drive and if yes, how do we
    > change that.

File System Windows