  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 31, 2004 1:57:52 AM

We installed the windows XP Home Edition and cannot
figure out why everything is saved to the D: drive.
Shouldn't it all go to the C: drive and if yes, how do we
change that.

More about : drives

May 31, 2004 2:30:29 PM

Depends exactly what you mean by, 'everything is saved to the D: drive'
ie do you mean saved files or installed apps?
Was this a clean install or upgrade?

"JAC" <natas666_66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We installed the windows XP Home Edition and cannot
> figure out why everything is saved to the D: drive.
> Shouldn't it all go to the C: drive and if yes, how do we
> change that.
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 6:51:33 PM

Hi, JAC.

Each computer system is individual. My "Drive D:" is a logical drive in the
extended partition of my first physical hard disk. For many computers, D:
is the CD/DVD drive.

What make and model is your computer. How many physical drives do you have,
and how are they partitioned? What operating system (Win98? Win2K?) was on
your computer before you installed WinXP?

And, as DL asked, what is "everything"? What applications (Works? Excel?
Quicken? Games? PhotoSuite?) are you running? Did the application install
to Drive D:? Or is the application on C: sending its data files to D:?

Sorry for all the questions, JAC, but without at least some of these
answers, we're just guessing how to help you. You can see your computer; we
can't.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA