looking for old win98 screensaver to run on xp

I recently upgraded to WindowsXP. OK so far, but I do miss my old
screensaver. I think it was part of the Win98 standard screensavers.
It's a bubble that moves around the screen causing distortion of the
background/desktop as it goes. Anybody know if this can be downloaded
anywhere? Not a big deal, but I did like it. Thanks in advance. Stella

It came with one of the plus packs, 95 or 98. I think it was science on 95Plus!.

It is from 95PLUS! and it does work on Windows XP. But you can't install it. Plus came in all different install media. If you have the 2000KB cab file version copy lens.scr from Plus_3.cab to c:\windows\system32 else look in each one till you find it.

If you have problems finding it email me..
http://www.uscricket.com
"stellalune" <stella@tombraiders.net> wrote in message news:3c5a02f8.0410280457.24118d99@posting.google.com...
>I recently upgraded to WindowsXP. OK so far, but I do miss my old
> screensaver. I think it was part of the Win98 standard screensavers.
> It's a bubble that moves around the screen causing distortion of the
> background/desktop as it goes. Anybody know if this can be downloaded
> anywhere? Not a big deal, but I did like it. Thanks in advance. Stella

Jim

If you still have your Windows 98 disk it is possible to get this screensaver
back on your computer.
First of all make a new folder on your desktop and call it Science.
Click on Start - Search - All files and folders - Type in Win98_69 - Scroll
down - Look in - your CD rom Drive - Click on search this will bring up a Zip
file - right click on Zip file - then open it with Winzip - Scroll down to
the file science.scr - right click on science.scr - then click on extract -
then click on new folder - then click extract again. Close down all windows
until you get to your desktop. Then double click on the Science folder -
right click on the Science icon in the folder - then click on Copy.
Then click on Start - Run - type in C:/windows/system32 - click 0n OK - this
will open your System32 folder - right click anywhere in this folder BUT NOT
ON ANY FILE NAMES - then click on Paste.
Close all windows then click on Start - Control panel - double click Display
- Screensaver - then scroll down screensavers your old screensaver should be
back. P.S. I have tried this and it works.

stellalune wrote:
> *I recently upgraded to WindowsXP. OK so far, but I do miss my old
> screensaver. I think it was part of the Win98 standard screensavers.
> It's a bubble that moves around the screen causing distortion of the
> background/desktop as it goes. Anybody know if this can be
> downloaded
> anywhere? Not a big deal, but I did like it. Thanks in advance.
> Stella *

I've been looking all over for this screensaver too. Here is the
closest thing I've found so far:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/bubbloids.html

--
KyleG

I know exactly which screensave you are talking about... the swirl one was
my personal favourite.

Not sure if they have it, but try www.wincustomize.com. They have thousands
of screensavers.

You may also want to try finding a machine running Win98 and just copy the
screensaver file onto a disk, then transfering it to your new WinXP
computer.

--
Regards,

Lawrence Wong
Network Administrative Assistant, IT Department
All-Connect Logistical Services Inc.

Just take it from your Win 98 or Win 95 Plus! disks. It's called Science.scr and put in in System32 folder.