Wow...

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 28, 2005 4:51:08 PM

Just saw the Oblivion trailer.....(drools on keyboard)
I wonder what they are doing with it now, the trailer seems to suggest that
it will be out soon (ie perhaps one year?) I really do hope so. Looks like
many people will have to upgrade computer to run it, like me. Its really
ironic. I last upgraded my pc so that it would run Morrowind really well -
which it did. And now i will have to upgrade again this time for Oblivion.

I must admit, the trailer looks like a scene form Lord of the rings, Helms
Deep....
Morrowind was like LOTR too, a dark lord sending chaos around the world, and
he must be destroyed.....

More about : wow

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 28, 2005 4:51:09 PM

28.05.05, sa (sa@hotmail.com)

>Morrowind was like LOTR too, a dark lord sending chaos around the world, and
>he must be destroyed.....

Well, IMO Dagoth Ur is much more sinister than Sauron:

(Massive Spoilers !!!)

Sauron was a Maiar, (a "lesser angel" if you want to say so),
who was corrupted by Morgoth, a Valar ("greater angel") that turned to
evil. After his master's destruction he won the struggle for power over
the armies of darkness, and became the new master of the orcs, corrupted,
twisted elves created by Morgoth.

He betrayed the bearers of the rings of power by creating his own ring,
and build his armies to conquer the world, predictable evil, as one
would await from a "fallen angel". Being immortal since before the world's
creation, even major set-backs wouldn't be much more than an inconvenience
as long as he continued to exist and there were minions of evil left that
could be added to his army, when he was ready to strike again.

The ultimate goal of Sauron was a world of Darkness under his regency,
a world cleansed from the taint of goodness, where only those may exist
that cover in fear before their dark lord.

Dagoth Ur was a mortal corrupted by his own dark side, loyal to an idealism
of his liege, he turned against him after the battle of the Red Mountain,
convinced that Indoril Nerevar and his company wanted to use the Heart of
Lokhan for their own goals. Later the Tribunal returned and did exactly
what Ur had feared most, so he seized the power of the heart for himself,
in his own twisted mind to set things right, and get justice.

Three millenia of hate and solitude in close vicinity to the heart
changed him in mind as much as in body, while he wasn't able to understand
that he had turned to evil, he saw his people venerate the false gods
that had betrayed him and most likely murdered his liege, and now sold
his homeland to an outlandish enemy. So he created a disease that turned
all that were worthy (i.e Dunmer of his bloodline) into bizarre and
powerful beings similar to what he had become. For everyone else it was
a deadly cancerous pestilence.

The first and foremost goal of Dagoth Ur was the destruction of the tribunal,
his second goal to undo the "damage" they did, and freeing his homeland from
foreign influence. Due to his mind's corruption this meant to turn Morrowind
into a place where only those may exist that proved worthy by "ascending"
after getting infected with corprus.

So, while Sauron is a dark creature of pure evil, and most of us would
find it ridiculous to even think of identifying themselves with this being,
it's not so easy with Dagoth Ur: His dark side slowly took over, from his
point of view, the whole world was corrupted and turned against him and
the ideals he has sworn do defend. So he reacted accordingly,
in self-defense and in justice's name.

Given the right circumstances, and being at the wrong place at the wrong
time, everyone of us could turn into a "Dagoth Ur", this makes him my
number one villain, even now that I know the whole story about how
Anakin Skywalker was turned into Darth Vader...

Ciao,
Jochen
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 28, 2005 5:13:21 PM

According to cbsnews, "We can look for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion around the
Christmas season."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/20/tech/gamecore...
I too will have to update my pc, i want to be able to play it with maxed our
settings, quite a bit of money will be required though... Still, no mews on
the system requirements so far. We will just have to wait.
The previews so far say that the story of Oblivion is one worthy of Tolkien
himself. I think it will be better than LOTR!

> Just saw the Oblivion trailer.....(drools on keyboard)
> I wonder what they are doing with it now, the trailer seems to suggest
that
> it will be out soon (ie perhaps one year?) I really do hope so. Looks like
> many people will have to upgrade computer to run it, like me. Its really
> ironic. I last upgraded my pc so that it would run Morrowind really well -
> which it did. And now i will have to upgrade again this time for Oblivion.
>
> I must admit, the trailer looks like a scene form Lord of the rings, Helms
> Deep....
> Morrowind was like LOTR too, a dark lord sending chaos around the world,
and
> he must be destroyed.....

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft