dissapearing mouse in sli driving me crazy

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Hello

When running sli mode, my damn mouse cursor keeps dissapearing in games. In counter strike source it flashes fast and sometimes dissapears, this isnt so bad as once im playing i dont see the mouse cursor anyway. In games where i need to see the cursor like EVE online, the damn thing keeps dissapearing, sometimes returning for a sec, and sometimes cloning itself for an amount of time.

If I play eve in windowed mode, its fine however. I tried to record my problem with fraps, but annoyingly the cursor appeared normal on playback :evil:

this happenes on any driver. Could it be my mouse driver? I have a Logitek MX510 optical mouse, as far as I know SLI didnt exist when It was made so maybey that could be the problem?

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Can anyone at least tell me when they've had this problem (i know a few have in some way or another) were they using microsoft basic drivers or their mouse manufacturer drivers

Thanks.

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
I have 2 x 7900GTX
AMD 64 4000+
A8N SLI premium
700w tagan psu
2 x maxtor 200G HD
2GIG DDR
19" analogue monitor
Logitek MX510 optical mouse.

JDHannan

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
I am having a very similar problem with a very similar system
I have one 7900 GTX and an ASUS board and a Logitech mouse
my problem is however a lot worse
my mouse will go into hyper-scrolling-down mode all the friggin time and when it does this it makes a little double black down arrow that like sits on the screen.
sometimes the mouse cursor is independent of it, but sometimes the cursor is replaced by it. If i click on the down arrows icon it stops for another random period of time, usually just long enough for me to get the cursor off of the scrolling area so i can move it manually with the arrow keys.
This makes simple things like ... replying to forum posts VERY HARD

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
It was only happening for me in SLI mode on certain games. I got round this by a) not playing EVE in SLI (you gotta learn that some games work better on the one GPU)
and b) making sure that the profile is set how I want it and not messing with the global settings. I messed with them and had vsync on in global and vsync on in a game profile. This spazzed the mouse out for lack of a better term.

The nvidia drivers and the control panel seem to be a pain in the ass to get working the way you want, so once you get it right don't mess with it.

Anyway I'm not technically good at all but this is how I got round it. Have you reinstalled your mouse drivers btw? Logitek site has all the drivers for you to download. Just remember to uninstall the existing ones. Maybey that has something to do with it.

Hope any of that helped.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I had a similar issue...with logitech mice...several...

But, it only happened while i had that nvidia control panel open in the background...whatever it's called...that keeps track of temps. When i closed that out, i stopped having the same trouble.

Edit:Sys spec's...
p180 case
dfi expert (same thing happened with my asus premium and the 3800+)
3800+ x2 (didn't happen with my single core cpus...3500+ and 3000+)
sli 6800gt's
sba 2
2x1gb ocz plat

Issues occured with:
-laser mice: mx1000, G5
-optical: mx518, B58

With the latest control panel/driver update i haven't had those issues at all however (from nvidia, including nforce drivers).

JDHannan

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
well, mine is being fixed
it turns out its not the mouse, but infact the keyboard which has a scroll button on it. the keyboard is randomly pressing it, and it is just the keyboard's problem.
logitech is replacing it for me
i <3 logitech

Karribu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
I had a similar issue...with logitech mice...several...

But, it only happened while i had that nvidia control panel open in the background...whatever it's called...that keeps track of temps. When i closed that out, i stopped having the same trouble.

Edit:Sys spec's...
p180 case
dfi expert (same thing happened with my asus premium and the 3800+)
3800+ x2 (didn't happen with my single core cpus...3500+ and 3000+)
sli 6800gt's
sba 2
2x1gb ocz plat

Issues occured with:
-laser mice: mx1000, G5
-optical: mx518, B58

With the latest control panel/driver update i haven't had those issues at all however (from nvidia, including nforce drivers).

You mean Ai booster?