Canon i250 prints poorly

When I set my Canon i250 media type to "plain paper" it prints poorly
in both high and standard quality. Still using plain paper, when I set
the media type to "photo paper pro" it prints perfectly at standard
quality setting.
I use generic ink exclusively. I pay one pound sterling for black (in
quantities of 10) and one and a half pounds for colour for each
cartridge.
Can anyone suggest how to correct the printing when the media type is
set to "plain paper"?

Lefty

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Change the type of "plain paper?
Seriously, You need to explain "prints poorly" Are characters faint?
blurred? missing parts, off color?

<leftymills@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I set my Canon i250 media type to "plain paper" it prints poorly
> in both high and standard quality. Still using plain paper, when I set
> the media type to "photo paper pro" it prints perfectly at standard
> quality setting.
> I use generic ink exclusively. I pay one pound sterling for black (in
> quantities of 10) and one and a half pounds for colour for each
> cartridge.
> Can anyone suggest how to correct the printing when the media type is
> set to "plain paper"?
>
> Lefty

Characters are very faint and missing so many parts that I cannot read
the words.

leftymills@hotmail.com wrote:
> Characters are very faint and missing so many parts that I cannot read
> the words.

maybe the print head is clogged. clean it.