Placing programs and data files

Where should I place the application and related data?

My desire is to get best application. performance using
primarily MS Office 2003. Where should I install the
application programs and its related data on a new
partitioned disk drive?
1.Is there an advantage of keeping the C Drive for only
the Windows 2000 OS?
2.Should I put the programs in the C Drive along with the
OS the data on a separte drive for easy backup? Or
3.Should I put all application programs on a separate
drive and all data on a separate drive?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Baha
1 answer Last reply
More about placing programs data files

    Cross post, dont multi post - causes confusion

    "Baha" <bh@integrity-plus.com> wrote in message
    > Where should I place the application and related data?
    >
    > My desire is to get best application. performance using
    > primarily MS Office 2003. Where should I install the
    > application programs and its related data on a new
    > partitioned disk drive?
    > 1.Is there an advantage of keeping the C Drive for only
    > the Windows 2000 OS?
    > 2.Should I put the programs in the C Drive along with the
    > OS the data on a separte drive for easy backup? Or
    > 3.Should I put all application programs on a separate
    > drive and all data on a separate drive?
    >
    > Your advice is much appreciated.
    >
    > Baha

File System Windows