Placing programs and data files

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 2, 2004 4:13:30 PM

Where should I place the application and related data?

My desire is to get best application. performance using
primarily MS Office 2003. Where should I install the
application programs and its related data on a new
partitioned disk drive?
1.Is there an advantage of keeping the C Drive for only
the Windows 2000 OS?
2.Should I put the programs in the C Drive along with the
OS the data on a separte drive for easy backup? Or
3.Should I put all application programs on a separate
drive and all data on a separate drive?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Baha
June 3, 2004 2:26:27 AM

Cross post, dont multi post - causes confusion