revert back to basic disk

have a win2k pro , tried to clone a dynamic disk. now i get a 'missing os'
message. It looks like the ghost2003 utility deactivated the boot
partition. I cant set it back with the ghost boot utility until I convert
it to basic again. The ghost utility gdisk does give an option to wipe the
mbr and convert to basic, but i wonder if it will destoy the partition.

Any help appreciated

CR

--
http://QLiner.com

Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of our own mind. - Ralph Waldo
Emerson
3 answers Last reply
More about revert back basic disk

    There is no way to convert from a dynamic disk back to a disk. The best
    thing I can recommend is to backup all files, wipe the disk, and restore the
    files.

    --------------------------
    Andrew Hodes
    MCP, MCSA, MOS

    Cnews-ms wrote:
    > have a win2k pro , tried to clone a dynamic disk. now i get a 'missing os'
    > message. It looks like the ghost2003 utility deactivated the boot
    > partition. I cant set it back with the ghost boot utility until I convert
    > it to basic again. The ghost utility gdisk does give an option to wipe the
    > mbr and convert to basic, but i wonder if it will destoy the partition.
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > CR

    My be Paragon PM can help you to convert simple dynamic disks to basic.
    http://www.paragon-gmbh.com/n_fm_requir.htm
  3. Quote:
    My be Paragon PM can help you to convert simple dynamic disks to basic.
    http://www.paragon-gmbh.com/n_fm_requir.htm

    The above link is a invalid. Trying http://www.articlesbase.com/operating-systems-articles/convert-a-dynamic-disk-to-a-basic-disk-without-loss-of-data-1215239.html to revert back to basic disk for details.

File System Partition Basic Windows