revert back to basic disk

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 2, 2004 11:04:01 PM

have a win2k pro , tried to clone a dynamic disk. now i get a 'missing os'
message. It looks like the ghost2003 utility deactivated the boot
partition. I cant set it back with the ghost boot utility until I convert
it to basic again. The ghost utility gdisk does give an option to wipe the
mbr and convert to basic, but i wonder if it will destoy the partition.

Any help appreciated

CR

--
http://QLiner.com

Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of our own mind. - Ralph Waldo
Emerson

More about : revert back basic disk

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 10:37:57 PM

There is no way to convert from a dynamic disk back to a disk. The best
thing I can recommend is to backup all files, wipe the disk, and restore the
files.

--------------------------
Andrew Hodes
MCP, MCSA, MOS

"Cnews-ms" <craig@nospam.net> wrote in message
> have a win2k pro , tried to clone a dynamic disk. now i get a 'missing
os'
> message. It looks like the ghost2003 utility deactivated the boot
> partition. I cant set it back with the ghost boot utility until I convert
> it to basic again. The ghost utility gdisk does give an option to wipe
the
> mbr and convert to basic, but i wonder if it will destoy the partition.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> CR
>
> --
> http://QLiner.com
>
> Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of our own mind. - Ralph Waldo
> Emerson

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 6:49:01 PM

Cnews-ms wrote:
> have a win2k pro , tried to clone a dynamic disk. now i get a 'missing os'
> message. It looks like the ghost2003 utility deactivated the boot
> partition. I cant set it back with the ghost boot utility until I convert
> it to basic again. The ghost utility gdisk does give an option to wipe the
> mbr and convert to basic, but i wonder if it will destoy the partition.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> CR

My be Paragon PM can help you to convert simple dynamic disks to basic.
http://www.paragon-gmbh.com/n_fm_requir.htm
!