Encrypting with exported keys easily?

Greetings,

My apologies if I have missed something. I swear I have done my
homework before posting.

I have a laptop running Windows 2000 containing very sensitive data
that is going to travel twice a week with some not-too-technical users.
I would like to make that laptop as secure as possible. This is a
non-profit so I would like to avoid spending a lot of money if I can.

The data in question in an Access database and a gig of jpegs. The
remote location is a bank with no network access.

I had intended to use EFS and store the certificates on a pendrive.
That way a person who stole the laptop would need the pendrive to see
the files. I did not realize that the users would need to import then
delete the certificate each time they access the directory. I don't
think that is practical for them.

Is there a way I can make this seamless for them? Is there a third
party product I should look into?

How would you go about securing the data on the laptop without making
life miserable for the very nice ladies fromm accounting?

Dan

One option might be to leave the key pair on the machine, but use syskey in
offline mode - it would be either another password protecting the keys or a
floppy needed to boot up. Unfortunately, syskey only works with floppies
and not with other media.
--
Drew Cooper [MSFT]