G

So Compaq from what I read is a bad machine ... What about Gateway. I hear they are doing a price match up and I would drather have a machine with someone behind it then just me... Anybody have any thoughts on this company ?

Joeyman101@yahoo.com

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
From what i have heard Gateway is a pretty good company!
And they make solid equipment!

Why should you learn from your mistakes?
Learn from other´s! It´s cheaper and less painfull! :-D

G

Gateway's warranrty is good. Their is support is awfull. They are always there for you, but the majority of the people working there don't know what they are doing. But the worst part about Gateway is their machines. Terrible things they call computers. Their Desktop computers use their Laptop power supplies. They are ALWAYS having USB problems. I do tech support for Canon and 50% of our printer calls are Gateway USB problems.

Just a little heads up.

"He not busy being born is busy dying."
-Dylan

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've had problems with Dell, but I've heard Micron is about the best major computer maker (just to throw out a couple more).

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Micron announced a while back that they are going out of the PC business.

Toejam31

<font color=purple>My Rig:</font color=purple> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847</A>

G

yeah youa re correct but they are actually sellign that part ot another group who is going to use their name. on the bright side they have built a good rep and i doubt they'll let someone screw that up. I think that was mainly affecting their mobile stuff which was lowgrade to be honest. Micron is IMO building the best low and mid end prefab computer out there. if you have the 2 grand to spend go Flacon-Northwest but Gateway is less than impressive until you get high end. if you want a good Gateway go straight for their highest end P4 or ATHLON!!! system and strip it down to what you want. If you do go gateway DEFINATELY take advantage of their killer Sony Trinitron monitor prices and get the expensive 17" or 19" Display because you won't get a better deal.

Sheep Go To Heaven Goats Go To Hell