WHAT THE HELL IS WINDOWS 7????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPERCHARGE

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Okay, i've been out of the software readings for a while, BUT I'm supposed to be a computer junkie and have been wondering what kind of crack people were smoking when they kept talking about windows 7 today. I have just realized now that vista has been replaced??

Why, what, when, how??????

So what's different with windows 7 and how do people find it? is it a total re-design? Is my Vista Ultimate basically obsolete?

http://www.answermejesus.com/ask.asp

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
hmmm ive had a play with windows 7, it looks and feels like vista in many ways, though its a lot more efficient, fast boot times ect

vista is pretty good but the lame man has been told its rubbish so MS cant be bothered to do SP 2 , 3 ect as the name is ruined they just make windows 7 whcih has be recived with open arms by most

vista is still a good OS and will be useful for a long time

im looking forward to 7 though as finally MS may have a of the starting block good OS lol :)

seogoat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
They kept bring out service packs and for xp, so they will hopefully continue to update vista. I've only just bought the fricking think.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008

thats hilarious badge

but as to the post in all seriousness its gonna be like going from win98 to win98se "computer junkies" aren't going to know the difference unless they read the label. Were as those of us who insist on doing what was not intended with our computers will swear by it. I hope, M$ is still completely capable of FUBARing it again in which case we'll compare it to win00 or winME.

It's built on Vista, but is suppose to be better in alot of ways. For one, you'll be able to disable and control more windows features (supposedly anyway) and it has many usability enhancements. It will be like going from Win 2k to win XP. A face lift, but much of the same underpinnings with a few improvements.

That's an odd response.

7 is very similar to vista in many of the basic features, and yet you say they "removed everything bad (everything) from Vista", which implies a removal of everything. In addition, it doesn't add that much that is from macs, which is good IMHO, because I can't do anything on a mac. The operating system is so much less intuitive than Windows is, and as a result, it takes me 20 minutes to do anything that would have taken 5 on Vista.

Vista is not a good OS .

Performance is slower than XP across the board .
http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/17/12TC-vista-versus-xp_6.html

The difference is mostly due to the copy protection [HDCP] which means vista handles data much more than it actually needs to.
Vista has been a huge marketing flop for obvious reasons . Business doesnt want it because its not a productivity improvement . Gamers didnt want it because it reduced fps .
MS even set up the Mojave experiment to try and convince us all that vista is fast . All they proved is that people will believe anything if you tell it to them enough times, and that MS will go to any lengths to sell product .
A simple benchmark vs XP would have told the true story ... so why did MS waste so much money ? YOUR money btw since its going to be you the consumer who pays in the end .

Windows 7 appears to be the core of Vista without any of the HDCP , plus a whole lot of enhancements .

Notice that netbooks ship with XP .. its because Vista cant run well on that hardware ... but Windows 7 can .
It will fly on real hardware .

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
It's only going to be better if people will be able to use their old printers, scanners, etc on Windows 7 which they b*tched about not being able to install in Vista. I have my doubts.

Where have you been the past year or two?

Current versions of Vista with SP1 are just as fast as XP in almost every way (faster if you have vista x64), and gamers have for the most part actually preferred Vista 64 for a while now. Initially, it was slower than XP, but that has been fixed for quite some time now.

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah vista is good IMO, runs my games at the same speed as xp somtimes slower or faster, it depends on the game.

lets me run games in DX10, not sure what that comment bout gamers not likeing vista u forgot dx 10

has a lot more features xp pro didnt have media entre that lets u use a tv card easy

find the strt search engine really useful

it looks great

i love the gadgets i use a calculator, media song player and clock :)

that 3d view between windows is helpful when u have loads of things on task bar

other features i never seemed to find in xp (which it may have had but never found) DVD maker which actually works in a DVD player, Movie maker, magnifier

so its not that bad lol, it was a lil when it came out but has been fixed

win 7 will be much the same just even better :)

Benfoster93

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
it xp again only this time looks smoother and had DX 11, and full 64bit support. basically it is now worth getting and all this is from the beta builds some people have

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006

The smelly split the devides butt cheeks,lol

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Since my xp is running like dog ***, despite that fact that it's virus free and defragged, i'll probably go ahead and set up windows 7, god i hate doing this crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.