How do you unhide wwwroot?

On my computer running Windows 2000 Pro, the folder
C:\InetPub\wwwroot has been hidden by the System and is
not visible to some applications. I need to know the
necessary procedure to "unhide" this folder.

WYDuane
5 answers Last reply
More about unhide wwwroot

    WYDuane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > On my computer running Windows 2000 Pro, the folder
    > C:\InetPub\wwwroot has been hidden by the System and is
    > not visible to some applications. I need to know the
    > necessary procedure to "unhide" this folder.

    In Windows Explorer, right-click on the folder, click on Properties, on
    the General tab clear the Hidden box.

    --
    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio

    This is a system file, the hidden is disabled. I think
    that one has to unhide it via the command line generator
    but I don't know what the command is.
    WYDuane

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    WYDuane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > This is a system file, the hidden is disabled. I think
    > that one has to unhide it via the command line generator
    > but I don't know what the command is.

    Open a command prompt window: Start > Run > type "cmd" > OK
    In the window, type this command:
    attrib -s -h C:\InetPub\wwwroot

    --
    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Thanks Gary:
    The command fixed the problem. I really appreciate your
    help.

    Duane

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Duane Dickson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > Thanks Gary:
    > The command fixed the problem. I really appreciate your
    > help.

    You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

    --
    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio

File System Windows