How do you unhide wwwroot?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 5, 2004 12:37:54 PM

On my computer running Windows 2000 Pro, the folder
C:\InetPub\wwwroot has been hidden by the System and is
not visible to some applications. I need to know the
necessary procedure to "unhide" this folder.

WYDuane

More about : unhide wwwroot

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 12:05:52 AM

WYDuane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> On my computer running Windows 2000 Pro, the folder
> C:\InetPub\wwwroot has been hidden by the System and is
> not visible to some applications. I need to know the
> necessary procedure to "unhide" this folder.

In Windows Explorer, right-click on the folder, click on Properties, on
the General tab clear the Hidden box.

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio

This is a system file, the hidden is disabled. I think
that one has to unhide it via the command line generator
but I don't know what the command is.
WYDuane

June 11, 2004 3:33:50 AM

WYDuane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is a system file, the hidden is disabled. I think
> that one has to unhide it via the command line generator
> but I don't know what the command is.

Open a command prompt window: Start > Run > type "cmd" > OK
In the window, type this command:
attrib -s -h C:\InetPub\wwwroot

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 6:52:38 PM

Thanks Gary:
The command fixed the problem. I really appreciate your
help.

Duane

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 3:12:38 AM

Duane Dickson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks Gary:
> The command fixed the problem. I really appreciate your
> help.

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

--
!