disgusted with my printer ineptnesses

I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have been 98%
unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of the
cartridges and they seem to go fast.
I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
scream-- and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else seem
to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last one-- it
was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a reconditioned
one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
tossing anything in a landfill too..
Peggy

Canon

"sweetchild" <pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have been
98%
> unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
> generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of
the
> cartridges and they seem to go fast.
> I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
> scream-- and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else
seem
> to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
> thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last one--
it
> was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a
reconditioned
> one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
> situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
> this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
> B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
> tossing anything in a landfill too..
> Peggy

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:16:58 -0400, "sweetchild"
<pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote:

>unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
>generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of the
>cartridges and they seem to go fast.

Now you know why the printers are so cheap. =P You get what you paid
for and Lexmark isn't exactly the top of the line stuff. I wouldn't
even consider getting one unless they came free with candy bars and
that'd only last me until the ink cart runs out.

<pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote:

>I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have been 98%
>unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
>generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of the
>cartridges and they seem to go fast.
> I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
>scream-- and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else seem
>to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
>thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last one-- it
>was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a reconditioned
>one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
>situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
>this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
>B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
>tossing anything in a landfill too..
>Peggy

I wouldn't use a Lexmark printer even if they were given away free.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

sweetchild wrote:

>I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have been 98%
>unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
>generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful.

SOUNDS GREAT. REFILLING IS A BIG FAT MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

>I hate the prices of the
>cartridges and they seem to go fast.
> I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
>scream--

BUY A CANON AND USE OEM INK.

>and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else seem
>to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
>thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last one-- it
>was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a reconditioned
>one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
>situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
>this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
>B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
>tossing anything in a landfill too..
>Peggy

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> sweetchild wrote:
>
>> I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have
>> been 98%
>> unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
>> generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful.
>

> SOUNDS GREAT. REFILLING IS A BIG FAT MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>
>> I hate the prices of the
>> cartridges and they seem to go fast.
>> I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
>> scream--
>

> BUY A CANON AND USE OEM INK.
>
>> and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else seem
>> to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
>> thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last
>> one-- it
>> was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a
>> reconditioned
>> one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
>> situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
>> this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
>> B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
>> tossing anything in a landfill too..
>> Peggy

What do you know about refilling ink carts you idiot.
Frank

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:57:18 GMT, measekite <inkystinky@oem.com>
wrote:

>BUY A CANON AND USE OEM INK.

Why? Would the ink cart become a toxic hazard if you used 3rd party
ink? Or afraid the FBI might come knocking? Or maybe you were
abducted by aliens who worked for Canon and they brainwashed you to
tell everyone to buy only OEM ink from Canon.

If it is against the law to use 3rd party ink and refill it yourself,
go ahead and call FBI on me. I'll sign a confession that I bought a
grand total of 6 ink carts in the last 5 years plus enough ink refills
to cover another 10,000 pages after the OEM ink ran out.

Impmon wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:16:58 -0400, "sweetchild"
><pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote:
>

>>unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
>>generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of the
>>cartridges and they seem to go fast.
>>

>Now you know why the printers are so cheap. =P You get what you paid
>for and Lexmark isn't exactly the top of the line stuff.

THEY ARE NOT EVEN AT THE TOP OF THE BOTTOM OF THE LINE.

measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> SOUNDS GREAT. REFILLING IS A BIG FAT MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

>>> BUY A CANON AND USE OEM INK.

>> What do you know about refilling ink carts you idiot.
>> Frank
>

> What do you know about refilling ink carts you idiot.

What a dumb question. I've refilled ink carts and you haven't.
You've got to be the biggest idiot to ever post in any ng.
Moron.
Frank

BURT

"sweetchild" <pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote in message
>I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have been
>98%
> unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
> generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of
> the
> cartridges and they seem to go fast.
> I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
> scream-- and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else
> seem
> to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
> thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last one--
> it
> was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a
> reconditioned
> one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
> situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
> this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
> B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
> tossing anything in a landfill too..
> Peggy

Peggy - Canon. I use an i960 and refill with MIS inks. Excellent color
match and no problems in almost a year of use. Ron Cohen and Taliesyn on
this NG use Formulabs bulk ink that they purchase from Alotofthings.
Stevelee has reported excellent results with Hobbicolor inks and their empty
cartridges which he refills multiple times. Pay no attention to Measekite
who has never used these items but rants constantly about them and about
refilling. Expect him to follow this posting with his usual nasty comments.

Two sites you might like to look at about inks and cartridges - mostly Canon
oriented. Lots of good information for someone who is interested in
refilling cartridges.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

Burt wrote:

>"sweetchild" <pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote in message
>

>>I seem to hit a problem with Lexmark printers in general ..and have been
>>98%
>>unsuccessful in refilling the cartridges I have and cannot ever find a
>>generic replacement for Lexmark to be successful. I hate the prices of
>>the
>>cartridges and they seem to go fast.
>>I have wasted money again on cartridges that didn't work and ready to
>>scream-- and I am ready to write to them and tell them off. Anyone else
>>seem
>>to drive into this dead end with their printers esp Lexmark?? I have been
>>thru 3 Lexies in the last few years and the all in one was the last one--
>>it
>>was replaced one time with a bad printer head-- they sent me a
>>reconditioned
>>one in its place -- now I am going in circles with the cartridges
>>situations and warranty is out. I am ready to ditch Lexmark altogether at
>>this point. Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
>>B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
>>tossing anything in a landfill too..
>>Peggy
>>

>OEM INKS ARE THE BEST

"sweetchild" <pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
> B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
> tossing anything in a landfill too..

Try and find an HP that uses the "45" Black cart....

The heads are in the cart.
The carts are big
No chips.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:59:35 GMT, "CWatters"
<colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote:

>"sweetchild" <pjazarsweety@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> Any suggestions for a trouble free cheap to operate ( mostly
>> B&W) printer and maybe one that you can easily refill cartridges? I hate
>> tossing anything in a landfill too..
>
>Try and find an HP that uses the "45" Black cart....
>
>The heads are in the cart.
>The carts are big
>No chips.

Like a 700 series Deskjet? I have a 722c sitting around.

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>>> OEM INKS ARE THE BEST
>>

> Best for what? Wasting your money if nothing else.
> Frank

OEM INKS ARE THE BEST

Best for what? Wasting your money if nothing else.
Frank

thank you so much!
Peggy
After sifting thru arguments this is a great informative reply. Thanks to
all who have posted productive answers.
Peggy

"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message

> >Try and find an HP that uses the "45" Black cart....
> >
> >The heads are in the cart.
> >The carts are big
> >No chips.
>
> Like a 700 series Deskjet? I have a 722c sitting around.

or an old HP 895 cxi or variant.