MSCONFIG equivelant?

In XP we have MSCONFIG to configure our start up processes into windows, but what is the equivelant command line in Win2k? I have been shown how to hack the registry in 2K, but I cant beleive this is the only way to modify this process, aside from going directly to the start up directory! Anyone know the MSCONFIG equivelant commmand line for 2K. Thanks in advance for your time and help

Dave

kitekrazy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

It is not available in W2K. But if you copy it from XP and install it on 2K
it will work.
I prefer a free program called SCP (www.mlin.net).

"Dave092459" <cst41@bupers.navy.mil> wrote in message
> In XP we have MSCONFIG to configure our start up processes into windows,
but what is the equivelant command line in Win2k? I have been shown how to
hack the registry in 2K, but I cant beleive this is the only way to modify
this process, aside from going directly to the start up directory! Anyone
know the MSCONFIG equivelant commmand line for 2K. Thanks in advance for
your time and help

> Dave

You know I never thought to even try that. Duh, but thanks, I am going to check out the web site that you gave me. Have a good one and thanks again for the jarring of my common sense!

Dave

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

> you can down load from
> http://www.thetechguide.com/downloads.html -- last item
> on the list.
> George
Anyone downloaded this one. I am leery of downloading any exe file
from a place I don’t know. Anyone done this yet?

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/File-System-MSCONFIG-equivelant-ftopict565197.html