error trying to defragment

sbs

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

When trying to defragment it comes up with "engine
connection lost" error before it ever gets started. I
imagine that it has something to do with a service, but
can't seem to find the correct one. Then again, I might
be on the wrong track. I wasn't able to find anything in
the knowledgebase either. Any help or suggestions would
be great. Thanks.

Could possibly be an issue with the file system.

I would suggest performing a CHKDSK /R on the drive (may require a reboot in
order to perform) and then retry.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows File System

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a
commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Want to email me? Delete ntloader.