Win2000 Pagefile.sys error

I have 2 machines, that developed a mysterious fault 2
weeks ago, and no information i have found on the
microsoft KB , or other site has resolved it.

When the users are logging in, their personal and security
settings are applied to the machine, then a ppopup
appears, saying that the virtual memory is low, and has
been recreated.

Each machine has 20Gb+ free hard disk space, and neither
have had any work carried out on their hardware or
software recently. I have followed all of the KB articles
related to this, but none of them have resolved the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Yates
ICT Network Manager
Norden High School
3 answers Last reply
More about win2000 pagefile error

    Usually occurs when the "Everyone" group permissions are removed from the
    %systemdrive% Make sure that the System account (NT Authority) has full
    control of the %systemdrive% and or the drive you're trying to put the
    pagefile on. My Computer|Drive|File|Properties|Security|Permissions

    The system account (nt authority) is the operating system's account and
    needs to have full control of the drive(s) the pagefile exists on. The
    system account is included in the "Everyone" group.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Chris Yates" wrote:
    |I have 2 machines, that developed a mysterious fault 2
    | weeks ago, and no information i have found on the
    | microsoft KB , or other site has resolved it.
    |
    | When the users are logging in, their personal and security
    | settings are applied to the machine, then a ppopup
    | appears, saying that the virtual memory is low, and has
    | been recreated.
    |
    | Each machine has 20Gb+ free hard disk space, and neither
    | have had any work carried out on their hardware or
    | software recently. I have followed all of the KB articles
    | related to this, but none of them have resolved the issue.
    |
    | Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    |
    | Chris Yates
    | ICT Network Manager
    | Norden High School

    That worked, thanks very much

    Chris Yates

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"Chris Yates" wrote:
    >|I have 2 machines, that developed a mysterious fault 2
    >| weeks ago, and no information i have found on the
    >| microsoft KB , or other site has resolved it.
    >|
    >| When the users are logging in, their personal and
    security
    >| settings are applied to the machine, then a ppopup
    >| appears, saying that the virtual memory is low, and has
    >| been recreated.
    >|
    >| Each machine has 20Gb+ free hard disk space, and neither
    >| have had any work carried out on their hardware or
    >| software recently. I have followed all of the KB
    articles
    >| related to this, but none of them have resolved the
    issue.

    >| Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >|
    >| Chris Yates
    >| ICT Network Manager
    >| Norden High School
    >

    >.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Chris Yates" wrote:
    | That worked, thanks very much