Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Ok, so here's what's up. I want to output my display to my tv so I can watch movies off my computer on my tv screen. I own a Radeon X850Pro and I have an RF modulator hooked up to my tv. I have the SVideo adapter hooked into my video card. On one end of it is a 9 pin SVideo connector that goes into the video card, on the other end is two composite video jacks and 2 5 pin svideo connectors. So my setup is svideo adapter into the video card, then an svideo cable connected to the adapter and the other end of that cable connected to the RF modulator, which is connected to my tv. I went into CCC and tried to enable to second monitor but it wouldn't do anything. Can someone walk me through how to set this up?

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004
Did you try it through Display Properties?

Right click on desktop > properties > settings. You should see two monitors, the 1st one being your computer monitor and the second being whatever.

Click the second one to enable it, put it on the lowest resolution and color quality and see if you get anything.

I don't know why I wouldn't work though CCC but I can only assume that your TV is fairly old and that it can't handle the lowest resolution possible with your GPU.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
man not sure if you could even get it to work.
i would think that you need at least an svideo on your tv

if you do get it to work let me know and good luck

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Well I have an RF Modulator hooked up to my tv, which has an SVideo input.

When I try and activate the second display in either CCC or display properties, the screen on my tv will flicker twice and the light on the RF Modulator will flicker twice too, and then nothing happens.

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004
That's leading me to think that the TV just can't handle the resolution or maybe the RF modulator can't decode the signal. Is it a really old TV or RF modulator?

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
That's leading me to think that the TV just can't handle the resolution or maybe the RF modulator can't decode the signal. Is it a really old TV or RF modulator?
The TV isn't 'really' old, I've had it for 6 or 7 years. I bought the RF modulator a couple years ago.

cleeve

Illustrious
I think the max res for TV out on Radeons might be 1024x768... so lower the res at least to that. Might even be 800x600, can't remember for sure - haven't used it in a while.

You also might have to check the 'force TV detection' option in the catalysts.

Good luck.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I lowered the resolution back down to 800x600 and still nothing. I click enable for the second monitor and it just flickers a couple times and then nothing. This is really frustrating.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
sorry i was thinking you said it had one
if it doesnt i dont think you can get it to work properly

that would mean it has composite only and a regular ant.
i dont know how you could get it to work with composite

they do make an svid to comp adapter
but dont know if that will work either as it would
do the same as your rf modulator.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
the svid is a much better video signal than composite
it <svid> splits <chromiance and luminance> and composite
carries both signals in the one yellow rca connect
even if your tv has a digitalcomb filter and composite only
the digitalcomb filter does the work