"Cloning" a printer

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I checked 300 or 400 posts to try to make sure I wasn't repeating a
regular question here, but I didn't see it asked.
I often need to switch my printing properties from color to B & W and
back, sometimes from the same application which is easy enough, often
from different applications, interspersed by other apps. I think what I
need is to have a printer listed twice or three times in the "Printers &
Faxes menu in Win XP. One listing would have color Plain paper as the
way to print, another might have gray scale and possibly a third with
color photo. How do I go about doing that? It seems to be a drag to have
to check each different print job to make sure the selected 'mode'
hasn't changed.
Using a HP 7760.

Rick

"Rick" <rick@privacy.net> wrote in message

> I checked 300 or 400 posts to try to make sure I wasn't repeating a
> regular question here, but I didn't see it asked.
> I often need to switch my printing properties from color to B & W and
> back, sometimes from the same application which is easy enough, often
> from different applications, interspersed by other apps. I think what I
> need is to have a printer listed twice or three times in the "Printers &
> Faxes menu in Win XP. One listing would have color Plain paper as the
> way to print, another might have gray scale and possibly a third with
> color photo. How do I go about doing that?

Just follow the normal / Add Printer
routine, point to your HP 7760, give
it a distinctive name (e.g. BW), complete
iinstallation, then configure its / Properties
the way you want to print.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs