deleted shell.system 32

have accidentally deleted shell system 32 when my computed catched a virus.
never know that system32 is component of windows. as a result, i cannot open
a hyperlink in my e-mail..is reinstalling the only option left? pls. help

Hi,

C:\Windows\System32 is a system folder, there is no file by that name.
Shell32.dll is a system file. If you are receiving error messages about a
system32.xxx file missing, then you are not completely cleared of the damage
a virus did.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> have accidentally deleted shell system 32 when my computed catched a
> virus. never know that system32 is component of windows. as a result, i
> cannot open a hyperlink in my e-mail..is reinstalling the only option
> left? pls. help

hi,
if their is a restore cd with u put it and search for the file if found copy
it and past it in winnt folder and /system32 folder. or the other way is to
copy that particullar file for othe system using the same os.
byeeeeeeee
suresh subbu.s