Winnt/ Temp folder?

Is there a way to limit or automatically delete files from
the WinNT/Temp folder? Right now, files only accumulate
until I go in and manually delete them. Is there a way to
have the files deleted when they are no longer needed?
Should they be deleted once they are no longer in use? Is
there an easy way to monitor this? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about winnt temp folder

    Tmp files are created, as you probably know by the apps/installs, they
    should be deleted on shutdown, but this frequently doesnt happen.
    You iether have to manually delete, use Disk Cleanup (not sure if NT has
    this) or use, with care, an app that cleans up yr disk.

    "Adam Thornton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to limit or automatically delete files from
    > the WinNT/Temp folder? Right now, files only accumulate
    > until I go in and manually delete them. Is there a way to
    > have the files deleted when they are no longer needed?
    > Should they be deleted once they are no longer in use? Is
    > there an easy way to monitor this? Thanks!

File System Microsoft Windows