Dynamic Disks

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 11, 2004 8:36:01 PM

After reading about dynamic disks in W2K / XP I'm slightly confused.

It says that "MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me or
Windows NT operating systems cannot access Dynamic Disks"

If I had a W2K file server with dynamic disks and shared folders on
that disks, does this mean that win98... clients would be unable to access
the shared folders over the network? Due to the fact the shares are on
dynamic disks?

I don't think this is the case, so I'm just curious as to what it means, by
them
not being able to access them.

Anyone?

Thanks

More about : dynamic disks

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 8:36:02 PM

If the computer dual-boots into those other operating systems, they won't be
able to access the dynamic disks. Accessing a computer's dynamic disks
across the network is not a problem.

"Galaxy" <spamass@nootthanks.cok> wrote in message
> After reading about dynamic disks in W2K / XP I'm slightly confused.
>
> It says that "MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me or
> Windows NT operating systems cannot access Dynamic Disks"
>
> If I had a W2K file server with dynamic disks and shared folders on
> that disks, does this mean that win98... clients would be unable to access
> the shared folders over the network? Due to the fact the shares are on
> dynamic disks?
>
> I don't think this is the case, so I'm just curious as to what it means,
by
> them
> not being able to access them.
>
> Anyone?