P5B Strange O/C behavior??

Wlkus

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
Have P5B Deluxe with E6300 overclocked to 2.8GHz (400MHz FSB) and last Bios 0507. Problem is that with cpu at default clock mobbo starts normally and boot windows. But if I overclock by any (even small) amount, after saving and exiting bios P5B turns PC off for while, then turns on for like 1 secs (before disk spins), off again and then on for good. Strange behaviour but lets say acceptable. Boot to windows works fine, PC is rock stable no problems. BUT when i try to enter suspend mode, PC turns off fine but booting back is same as described above BUT it ends up with black screen and frozen PC. With regullar clock everything works fine.

And one more "problem" - if I restart windows (regular function restart), it turns off harddrives before ressetting. And again, it wont do it if CPU is not overclocked. Same behaviour got from older P5WD2 Deluxe. Any idea??

Wlkus

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
OKI ill try that - atm i can manage 50:50 chance to succesfull suspend with 1.95V to memory and kinda dont want to push it more. Ill play with it bit more and try to increase other voltages. May by i find whats wrong, but imo board just starts with some default voltage after suspend and change it fast to increased, but not fast enough to keep stability :(

And that HDD turning off when restarting is really annoying me. Again it does only while overclocked. And same did my previous mobbo from Asus. Maybe time to change and give shot to Gigabyte...