File system delay

I've been having an issue lately where I experience a
delay waiting for the drives to appear after opening My
Computer. The same problem happens after the box appears
where i would am prompted to save a file to my drives. I
will click on the drop down box to choose another location
and there is a delay of about 15 seconds. This has never
been an issue. It seems to happen with IE as well. Sites
seem to take a longer period to pull up then normal. Any
Ideas?

Are you on a network? If so, if you type

net use <enter>

in a command prompt, do you see any unavailable drives/servers/shares?

More info about your setup/network might help. Are you on a domain?

joeroc wrote:
> I've been having an issue lately where I experience a
> delay waiting for the drives to appear after opening My
> Computer. The same problem happens after the box appears
> where i would am prompted to save a file to my drives. I
> will click on the drop down box to choose another location
> and there is a delay of about 15 seconds. This has never
> been an issue. It seems to happen with IE as well. Sites
> seem to take a longer period to pull up then normal. Any
> Ideas?

I work in a corporate AD domain. When i ran net use i did
have disconnected servers. I then went into my computer
and accessed each one and reestablished connection to
them. There was only one that could not be reestablished
so i disconnected from it altogether. Now my computer
browsing is much faster as is pulling up web sites.

Thanks for the assist. Not sure why my drives appear
disconnected after every reboot. I know they are being
mapped through Script Logic but not sure why they would
remain in a disconnected state. Any ideas on that?

I'm going to reboot and verify once again that they are in
a disconnected state. What would cause network drives to
behave like that after every reboot? Any Ideas?

OK - glad to hear it.

> Thanks for the assist. Not sure why my drives appear
> disconnected after every reboot. I know they are being
> mapped through Script Logic but not sure why they would
> remain in a disconnected state. Any ideas on that?
>
> I'm going to reboot and verify once again that they are in
> a disconnected state. What would cause network drives to
> behave like that after every reboot? Any Ideas?

See if this looks relevant:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q297684