What's your favorite constant effect enchantments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
effect with that anyway...

The one I'm making first these days typically goes something like 20
points nighteye plus 4 points of restore fatigue, put on exquisite
pants/shirt/skirt. For a very long time, the first thing I made was 2
points heal pluse 1-2 points restore fatigue.

I like lighting effects (use lights_300, BTW), so I like use a lower
level of night eye (20 vice 40+), even though this means you sometimes
still need extra light or night eye where it is very dark indeed. I'm
usually carrying a few torches around to drop off as markers and
usually have some little ring enchanted with light and or night eye for
those occasions where I need to be able to see really well in places
that are really dark.

I also like running a lot and hate getting knocked down. Four points
of fatique is enough for most characters to be able to run constantly
and not drain fatigue (though very low endurance characters still drain
a bit, if I recall correctly). At higher enduarnce levels, you can run
and jump a lot on 4 fatigue (replenishing occasionally with an
enchanted ring or amulet of stamina).

I prefer to put my first constant effect enchantments on clothing that
will stay on (not get beaten off or replaced) and to use rings and
amulets for things I want sometimes. that is, on pants and shirts and
skirts, then robes and belts.

I also like constant effect sanctuaries. Enough sanctuary and you get
VERY hard to hit. Which is espeically nice if you are playing a whimp
who gets stunned and/or knocked down easily.

In my current game, I think my second constant effect enchantment was
resist paralysis. That character is sign of hte apprentice, and REALLY
needed help against all those paralyze weapons in the game. Give a
whimp restore fatigue, resist paralysis and sanctuary, and suddenly
that whimp blossoms into a promising weakling!

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:13:04 GMT, "Simmie Simmerson"
<radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
>points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
>water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
>adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
>have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
>effect with that anyway...

They only get put on when I need them, but I find that a ring with Water
Breathing and Swift Swim, and another ring with Levitate can both be
really handy. My characters also often end up with an ebony shield with
a lot of Night Eye on it.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

"Simmie Simmerson" <radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
> points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
> water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
> adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and
amulets
> have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
> effect with that anyway...

In my current adventure, I already had a couple of nice items found within
the game, so decided to do a few things differently to usual.

I used clothing to create constant effect bound weapons (you can actually
fit quite a few bound weapons on each item of clothing). This meant that I
had no need to carry any weapons, and always had them there. Saves alot of
carrying power!

I normally enchant my armour with "fortify" skill or attributes. Having most
things past 100 and you really will be a force to be reckoned with.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:13:04 GMT, "Simmie Simmerson"
<radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
>points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
>water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
>adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
>have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
>effect with that anyway...

I like a CE Invisibility ring or amulet for when I want to explore or
travel long distances without getting attacked by everything in sight.

A CE Telekinesis Exquisite clothing item 1-20 points (just remove and
rewear until your character has a TK range of around 12-16 feet) is
nice for being able to pickup stuff from a reasonable distance without
having to get right next to things. It also comes in handy for
opening Trapped doors or chests from a Safe distance.

A CE Restore Health Exquisite clothing item allows my characters to
save the limited number (to save weight) of healing potions they carry
for emergencies.

For carrying LOTS of stuff and/or doing Extra Damage in combat, I like
to enchant 2 Exquisite Rings and an Exquisite Amulet with 1-Max (I
think the max is 47) points of Fortify Strength EACH. Then I remove
and rewear any of them until they fortify my character's strength
enough. Make sure you give each ring a different name I.E. Str-1,
Str-2 so that you'll know which ring needs to be removed and reworn...

A CE Water Breathing glove is useful if my character needs to swim
underwater.

A CE Levitate glove is nice for saving my character from the need to
carry levitation potions or scrolls.

A CE Light on Self spell beats the need to carry torches.

A CE Detect Enchantment Exquisite ring or amulet 1-40 points helps my
characters find any nearby enchanted items...

A CE Fortify Sneak skill is a nice enchantment for exquisite shoes if
your character has a low sneak skill.

A CE Restore Attribute Exquisite amulet with 1 point each of restore
Strength, Intelligence, Personality, Speed, etc... I've found that an
exquisite amulet or ring will hold enough CE enchantments to restore 1
point to all but 2 of my character's attributes...

To save weight, I've found that you can put several Bound Armor spells
on an Exquisite ring or amulet, then remove and rewear the item to get
rid of your damaged armor and give your character a new set...

Granted I often combine 2 or more simple CE spells (like Restore
Health, Light, Water Breathing, Levitate, etc...) into one item to get
maximum item use and to limit the number of enchanted items my
characters carry.

Other NON-Constant Effect enchantments on items I like are:

A LockSplitter Ring which unlocks a 100 point lock on touch comes in
handy. When used along with a CE TK spell item, you can open locks
from a distance...

Damage Health 1 (or higher)-Max Points on strike enchantments are nice
for weapons. I prefer Damage Health enchantments since they always
work unless my foe has a HIGH magic resistance, in which case none of
the other damage type enchantments will work well either...

Bound Weapon of some type for maybe 60-90 seconds is handy for
beginner characters.

For some, a ring with Soul Trap for 60-90 seconds within 10 feet of
target is handy for beginner characters. For others a weapon with a
Soul Trap for 5-10 seconds on Strike enchantment is equally useful.

Mark or Recall enchantments on items are always handy, though it's
cheaper for my beginner characters to buy an Amulet with the Recall
enchantment from one of the shop owners in Caldera.

A Fortify Personality item is handy for beginner characters who seldom
make a good impression on merchants early in a game. Granted if you
don't mind semi-cheating (I'd rather make and sell potions), you can
enchant an Exquisite ring or amulet with more than 100 points of
Fortify Merchant skill for 3-5 seconds, your character will be able to
buy stuff (like glass armor/weapons, etc...) from someone CHEAP, then
if you let the spell wear off, they will be able to sell the same
items for a HUGE Profit!

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

I have this happen occasionally with bound items--even if they are from
a temporary enchantment. However, since they weigh nothing, I consider
it just a minor annoyance.

I had problems with bound items. I once did this with a bound bow, and got
stuck with it even after removing the ring. I think this is because I
unequipped the bow and used a hammer to repair it. Ever since then, it
wouldn't go away, even after the spell had ended.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:38:38 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:

>For some, a ring with Soul Trap for 60-90 seconds within 10 feet of
>target is handy for beginner characters. For others a weapon with a
>Soul Trap for 5-10 seconds on Strike enchantment is equally useful.

If you're using it for the killing blow, 3 seconds is plenty, and should
let you use it more before it runs out.

--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:13:04 GMT, "Simmie Simmerson"
<radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
>points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
>water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
>adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
>have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
>effect with that anyway...

Just found out about the Soul Trap tie-off for item enchantments.
Basically you add a Soul Trap spell effect on the end of a series of
spells then cast it at your feet.

I have a ring called, Ring of the Atronachs which summons the Frost,
Fire and Storm variety all at the same time, and they don't dissappear
when the time limit is up. Uses about 5-8 (Can't remember the exact
number, but its ridiculously low) charge points per casting so it
empties pretty slowly (Soul Gem was a Storm of the Atronachs soul,
probably overkill). Not that I use it that often (You gotta kill the
buggers when you're done with em as they don't disappear. Also I
think this allows you to summon more than the 3 at once (Good if you
want to make a raid on Ebonheart with an army of Atronachs. :-D.)

Another ring causes all humanoids and creatures within 10 feet from me
to become calm permanently until I attack or provoke them.

Using the same Soul Trap tie-off its possible to up your stats to
1000+ points, or way past the 100 skill point cap. Experimented doing
this with my Intelligence and got it up to 1084 points!!! It shows
that in the stat screen and it doesn't wear off after resting, etc.
Would have been interesting if there were a way to make it temporary
(i.e. for potion mixing, etc.) Feels too much like cheating
otherwise.

Haven't tried this with an area effect damage spell. I suppose it
might be possible to rig up an area effect 100 fire damage spell, 2
seconds duration and give yourself 100 percent immunity to fire as one
of the magic item's (Or spell's) magic effects. If the 100 fire
resistance were permanent, which I think it would be, it wouldn't be
worth it though.

Hmm...I'm getting the urge to experiment again...

PhoenixFreedom

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I'm a huge fan of levitate, but it's a real pain to have to cast it over and over and over again when one only has so much Magicka.
So I enchanted an exquisite belt with Constant Effect Levitate. It took a long time to get enough gold by selling to the Creeper merchant.
With the boots of blinding speed and the CE Levitate belt, I could fly anywhere at will.

rpg_poser

Honorable
Yeah, two things I don't understand about these forums:
1. Necroed archived usenet threads.
2. Pogo.com users asking for support thinking that tomshardware is EA.