Closed

What's your favorite constant effect enchantments?

Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
effect with that anyway...
13 answers Last reply
More about what favorite constant effect enchantments

    The one I'm making first these days typically goes something like 20
    points nighteye plus 4 points of restore fatigue, put on exquisite
    pants/shirt/skirt. For a very long time, the first thing I made was 2
    points heal pluse 1-2 points restore fatigue.

    I like lighting effects (use lights_300, BTW), so I like use a lower
    level of night eye (20 vice 40+), even though this means you sometimes
    still need extra light or night eye where it is very dark indeed. I'm
    usually carrying a few torches around to drop off as markers and
    usually have some little ring enchanted with light and or night eye for
    those occasions where I need to be able to see really well in places
    that are really dark.

    I also like running a lot and hate getting knocked down. Four points
    of fatique is enough for most characters to be able to run constantly
    and not drain fatigue (though very low endurance characters still drain
    a bit, if I recall correctly). At higher enduarnce levels, you can run
    and jump a lot on 4 fatigue (replenishing occasionally with an
    enchanted ring or amulet of stamina).

    I prefer to put my first constant effect enchantments on clothing that
    will stay on (not get beaten off or replaced) and to use rings and
    amulets for things I want sometimes. that is, on pants and shirts and
    skirts, then robes and belts.

    I also like constant effect sanctuaries. Enough sanctuary and you get
    VERY hard to hit. Which is espeically nice if you are playing a whimp
    who gets stunned and/or knocked down easily.

    In my current game, I think my second constant effect enchantment was
    resist paralysis. That character is sign of hte apprentice, and REALLY
    needed help against all those paralyze weapons in the game. Give a
    whimp restore fatigue, resist paralysis and sanctuary, and suddenly
    that whimp blossoms into a promising weakling!

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:13:04 GMT, "Simmie Simmerson"
    <radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
    >points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
    >water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
    >adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
    >have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
    >effect with that anyway...

    They only get put on when I need them, but I find that a ring with Water
    Breathing and Swift Swim, and another ring with Levitate can both be
    really handy. My characters also often end up with an ebony shield with
    a lot of Night Eye on it.
    --
    Greg Johnson
    Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

    "Simmie Simmerson" <radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
    > points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
    > water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
    > adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and
    amulets
    > have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
    > effect with that anyway...

    In my current adventure, I already had a couple of nice items found within
    the game, so decided to do a few things differently to usual.

    I used clothing to create constant effect bound weapons (you can actually
    fit quite a few bound weapons on each item of clothing). This meant that I
    had no need to carry any weapons, and always had them there. Saves alot of
    carrying power!

    I normally enchant my armour with "fortify" skill or attributes. Having most
    things past 100 and you really will be a force to be reckoned with.

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:13:04 GMT, "Simmie Simmerson"
    <radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
    >points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
    >water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
    >adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
    >have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
    >effect with that anyway...

    I like a CE Invisibility ring or amulet for when I want to explore or
    travel long distances without getting attacked by everything in sight.

    A CE Telekinesis Exquisite clothing item 1-20 points (just remove and
    rewear until your character has a TK range of around 12-16 feet) is
    nice for being able to pickup stuff from a reasonable distance without
    having to get right next to things. It also comes in handy for
    opening Trapped doors or chests from a Safe distance.

    A CE Restore Health Exquisite clothing item allows my characters to
    save the limited number (to save weight) of healing potions they carry
    for emergencies.

    For carrying LOTS of stuff and/or doing Extra Damage in combat, I like
    to enchant 2 Exquisite Rings and an Exquisite Amulet with 1-Max (I
    think the max is 47) points of Fortify Strength EACH. Then I remove
    and rewear any of them until they fortify my character's strength
    enough. Make sure you give each ring a different name I.E. Str-1,
    Str-2 so that you'll know which ring needs to be removed and reworn...

    A CE Water Breathing glove is useful if my character needs to swim
    underwater.

    A CE Levitate glove is nice for saving my character from the need to
    carry levitation potions or scrolls.

    A CE Light on Self spell beats the need to carry torches.

    A CE Detect Enchantment Exquisite ring or amulet 1-40 points helps my
    characters find any nearby enchanted items...

    A CE Fortify Sneak skill is a nice enchantment for exquisite shoes if
    your character has a low sneak skill.

    A CE Restore Attribute Exquisite amulet with 1 point each of restore
    Strength, Intelligence, Personality, Speed, etc... I've found that an
    exquisite amulet or ring will hold enough CE enchantments to restore 1
    point to all but 2 of my character's attributes...

    To save weight, I've found that you can put several Bound Armor spells
    on an Exquisite ring or amulet, then remove and rewear the item to get
    rid of your damaged armor and give your character a new set...

    Granted I often combine 2 or more simple CE spells (like Restore
    Health, Light, Water Breathing, Levitate, etc...) into one item to get
    maximum item use and to limit the number of enchanted items my
    characters carry.

    Other NON-Constant Effect enchantments on items I like are:

    A LockSplitter Ring which unlocks a 100 point lock on touch comes in
    handy. When used along with a CE TK spell item, you can open locks
    from a distance...

    Damage Health 1 (or higher)-Max Points on strike enchantments are nice
    for weapons. I prefer Damage Health enchantments since they always
    work unless my foe has a HIGH magic resistance, in which case none of
    the other damage type enchantments will work well either...

    Bound Weapon of some type for maybe 60-90 seconds is handy for
    beginner characters.

    For some, a ring with Soul Trap for 60-90 seconds within 10 feet of
    target is handy for beginner characters. For others a weapon with a
    Soul Trap for 5-10 seconds on Strike enchantment is equally useful.

    Mark or Recall enchantments on items are always handy, though it's
    cheaper for my beginner characters to buy an Amulet with the Recall
    enchantment from one of the shop owners in Caldera.

    A Fortify Personality item is handy for beginner characters who seldom
    make a good impression on merchants early in a game. Granted if you
    don't mind semi-cheating (I'd rather make and sell potions), you can
    enchant an Exquisite ring or amulet with more than 100 points of
    Fortify Merchant skill for 3-5 seconds, your character will be able to
    buy stuff (like glass armor/weapons, etc...) from someone CHEAP, then
    if you let the spell wear off, they will be able to sell the same
    items for a HUGE Profit!

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    I have this happen occasionally with bound items--even if they are from
    a temporary enchantment. However, since they weigh nothing, I consider
    it just a minor annoyance.

    I had problems with bound items. I once did this with a bound bow, and got
    stuck with it even after removing the ring. I think this is because I
    unequipped the bow and used a hammer to repair it. Ever since then, it
    wouldn't go away, even after the spell had ended.

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:38:38 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:

    >For some, a ring with Soul Trap for 60-90 seconds within 10 feet of
    >target is handy for beginner characters. For others a weapon with a
    >Soul Trap for 5-10 seconds on Strike enchantment is equally useful.

    If you're using it for the killing blow, 3 seconds is plenty, and should
    let you use it more before it runs out.

    --
    Greg Johnson
    Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:13:04 GMT, "Simmie Simmerson"
    <radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Personally I always end up making a constant effect ring that restores 14
    >points of fatigue & 1 point of health, and a constant effect amulet with
    >water breathing and 90 points in night eye. I've never gotten too
    >adventurous beyond that, and it seems to me that exquisite rings and amulets
    >have the highest capacity which is 120, and you can't do much constant
    >effect with that anyway...

    Just found out about the Soul Trap tie-off for item enchantments.
    Basically you add a Soul Trap spell effect on the end of a series of
    spells then cast it at your feet.

    I have a ring called, Ring of the Atronachs which summons the Frost,
    Fire and Storm variety all at the same time, and they don't dissappear
    when the time limit is up. Uses about 5-8 (Can't remember the exact
    number, but its ridiculously low) charge points per casting so it
    empties pretty slowly (Soul Gem was a Storm of the Atronachs soul,
    probably overkill). Not that I use it that often (You gotta kill the
    buggers when you're done with em as they don't disappear. Also I
    think this allows you to summon more than the 3 at once (Good if you
    want to make a raid on Ebonheart with an army of Atronachs. :-D.)

    Another ring causes all humanoids and creatures within 10 feet from me
    to become calm permanently until I attack or provoke them.

    Using the same Soul Trap tie-off its possible to up your stats to
    1000+ points, or way past the 100 skill point cap. Experimented doing
    this with my Intelligence and got it up to 1084 points!!! It shows
    that in the stat screen and it doesn't wear off after resting, etc.
    Would have been interesting if there were a way to make it temporary
    (i.e. for potion mixing, etc.) Feels too much like cheating
    otherwise.

    Haven't tried this with an area effect damage spell. I suppose it
    might be possible to rig up an area effect 100 fire damage spell, 2
    seconds duration and give yourself 100 percent immunity to fire as one
    of the magic item's (Or spell's) magic effects. If the 100 fire
    resistance were permanent, which I think it would be, it wouldn't be
    worth it though.

    Hmm...I'm getting the urge to experiment again...
  9. I'm a huge fan of levitate, but it's a real pain to have to cast it over and over and over again when one only has so much Magicka.
    So I enchanted an exquisite belt with Constant Effect Levitate. It took a long time to get enough gold by selling to the Creeper merchant.
    With the boots of blinding speed and the CE Levitate belt, I could fly anywhere at will.
  10. Do you realize that you replied to a seven year old thread?
  11. Something shady going on here..
  12. Yeah, two things I don't understand about these forums:
    1. Necroed archived usenet threads.
    2. Pogo.com users asking for support thinking that tomshardware is EA.
  13. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Games Health Video Games