File is missing or corrupt ERROR message on startup.

Tags:
  • File System
  • Windows 2000
  • Error Message
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 17, 2004 4:41:13 PM

When attempting to start up my desktop, I receive the
following error message: "Windows 2000 could not start
because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows 2000 root>\System 32\ntoskrnl.exe." How do I
correct this problem to clear this error message?
Thanks, Anthony

More about : file missing corrupt error message startup

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 8:39:07 AM

I am getting the same thing with windows xp, also I'm hearing a clicking
sound when I start up the computer. Any answers as to what the problem might
be?

Cliff

"Anthony Emanuel" wrote:

> When attempting to start up my desktop, I receive the
> following error message: "Windows 2000 could not start
> because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> <Windows 2000 root>\System 32\ntoskrnl.exe." How do I
> correct this problem to clear this error message?
> Thanks, Anthony

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 4:55:09 PM

Could be a virus, or other malicious software, or it could be a bad sector
on the disc occupied by the file.

Clicking sounds? For sure I would suspect a disc heading for the graveyard
for the winter. If it's a Seagate drive try calling tech support.

--
The personal opinion of
Gary G. Little

!