ASUS P5W DH DELUXE BIOS update questions

lampshadehead

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
Hello all, I am new to the forum and have a few questions about the ASUS P5W DH that I recently ordered. I ordered an E6600 to use with the P5W and I have been looking around at some threads about a BIOS update that is required to run the C2D's. I know that alot of people went through ASUS and got the new BIOS reflashed chip, but has anybody got the 801 or higher versions to work using a flash drive to reflash the BIOS? Also has anybody out there recently bought a P5W DH with the new BIOS reflash already in box? Thanks.

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have a few questions about the ASUS P5W DH that I recently ordered. I ordered an E6600 to use with the P5W and I have been looking around at some threads about a BIOS update that is required to run the C2D's. I know that alot of people went through ASUS and got the new BIOS reflashed chip, but has anybody got the 801 or higher versions to work using a flash drive to reflash the BIOS? Also has anybody out there recently bought a P5W DH with the new BIOS reflash already in box? Thanks.

First of all I don't own your particular ASUS MB, but I own four modern ASUS boards which I have installed myself and have running currently. I understand you are concerned about which BIOS revision your new board will come equipped with and how to flash to a newer BIOS version if you need to. You can download the latest BIOS for your board from the ASUS website to your desktop then read in your ASUS manual under ASUS Update Utility: Updating the BIOS through the Internet. HTH.

lampshadehead

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
Thanks for the info. I have another quick question, I just got off of the phone with the people that I ordered my MB from and they said that it did come with the 701 version of BIOS. Will the E6600 work with that version?

Zog

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
Maybe just a word of reassurance....I was also concerned having seen a few threads saying you could not post a P5W without first having bios 801 or higher...some threads even said that you had to change the chip....

Anyway, I bought a P5W DH which came with the 701 bios, installed a E6400 and it booted up first go no worries.

I suspect the issue some people had was that they had purchased boards that had been sitting in on the shelf somewhere for a while. All recently manufactured boards come C2D ready ex ASUS.