Graphic Card Upgrade Problem

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I've recently bought a PNY Geforce 6200 AGP 4x/8x to replace my old Geforce 2 MX 200/400 for my A7S 333 Motherboard. Well the Problem seems to only be in Grand theft Auto Games. The GTA3 and the GTA Vice City seem to only show Ghost images of the objects in the game. Everything runs and the sounds are there but everything is invisible I played the game for 20 minutes blindly and all and everything seems to be intact but I just cannot see my Character or the cars he's stealing or any of the streets only the outline of the cars the headlights and the blood from killed people and the outline of the buildings. Is there any problem with the graphic card or does it seem to be the Grand theft gaming engine itself with the new Graphic card upgrade

More System Specs can be available if needed and screen shots will be also provided if required

G

What drivers are you using? Are you using the latest reference drivers or are you using the latest PNY drivers? I suggest using the latest Nvidia drivers that you can download at their site, preferrably the Beta 91.33 drivers.

Also, set all your aliasing, anisotropic and advanced settings to default, which is usually "Application Decides". Your game might be reacting to some override settings that you have set in the Nvidia driver settings.

This should solve your problem. Also, you may want to check to see if there are any GTA updates at their web site. Sometimes, updates will fix these type of issues. Just because it is a new video card, doesn't mean you will not experience any glitches. There is always a potential issue when you are mixing new and old technology together.

Good luck!

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
What drivers are you using? Are you using the latest reference drivers or are you using the latest PNY drivers? I suggest using the latest Nvidia drivers that you can download at their site, preferrably the Beta 91.33 drivers.

Also, set all your aliasing, anisotropic and advanced settings to default, which is usually "Application Decides". Your game might be reacting to some override settings that you have set in the Nvidia driver settings.

This should solve your problem. Also, you may want to check to see if there are any GTA updates at their web site. Sometimes, updates will fix these type of issues. Just because it is a new video card, doesn't mean you will not experience any glitches. There is always a potential issue when you are mixing new and old technology together.

Good luck!

I was Using 91.33 Beta before but then I tried using the 91.47 Beta From guru3d but that seems to only give me an Overclock ability of 410/530Mhz - 75hzWhile anything older I put back to 81.4X drivers seems to only make any over clock freeze when ever I try to run it at those frequencies only runs at 60hz and at 350/400(default) and so I’m sticking with the 91.47 Beta from guru3d because I need the over clock to run some of the other games smoothly without a hitch. And I seem to be getting graphic problems from the Tom Clancy games now but the graphics don't seem to be responding to the movements it's just Ghosting Like Crazy(not same problems as GTA3/Vice city! The load screen only seems to go when I move the mouse around giving me single text fill of the grass and pixilated versions of the sky. This is really giving me a headache now, I feel I need a reformat my Computer or atleast learn to Flash my BIOS and a fresh Install of everything to get them to respond to the Graphic card change I feel