Biridging Control Protocol (BCP)

Bonjour,

Do you know if the Ethernet encapsulation over BCP is really used ?
The BCP protocol is specified in RFC3518 (april 2003) that obsoletes
RFC2878, and would be adapted to remote bridging communications.

Thanks,
Michelot

In article <1c1de54c.0412220235.1a5b768c@posting.google.com>,
mhostettler@voila.fr (Michelot) wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> Do you know if the Ethernet encapsulation over BCP is really used ?
> The BCP protocol is specified in RFC3518 (april 2003) that obsoletes
> RFC2878, and would be adapted to remote bridging communications.

I don't understand your question. BCP simply specifies a means to
encapsulate RemoteBridge-to-RemoteBridge control messages in PPP. The
encapsulation used is PPP, not Ethernet. The format of the inner
(encapsulated) messages doesn't change.

--
Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting
21885 Bear Creek Way

Send replies to: usenet at richseifert dot com