Best Surround Sound 5.1 Headphones?

killtacular

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a good set of 5.1 headphones for gaming and was wondering what headsets do you use?

Any feedback would be brill!

Thank You.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I have a pair of the Zalman 5.1 headphones, and I find them to be quite good for gaming and movies on the 'puter. LOL the first round of CS I played with them on my Kill Ratio went through the roof. I could actually tell where about people were in relation to me. Doom 3 was down right freaky to play alone at night. Brrrr shivers. If you like to listen to music in 5.1, I would not reccomend them though. For any music on the puter I go with either my Sony DJ headphones, or pump the music out to my Harman Kardon Amp and Athena Technologies Speakers.

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I haven't tried anything but the Zalman 5.1 headphones. I would have to say that for the $ they do a good job with games and movies as Rhino said. I think they do fine for me with music as well but a good set of speakers will almost always outdo headphones with music. Good buy for what it cost imo.

phauxshaux

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
All 5.1 are gimmiks and crap.. Go to audiophile forum and read all the reviews for yourself.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/index.php

I wanted to purchase the zalman 5.1 .And after reading the forum above I and went for the Audio techica (ATH-900). The vibration from rockets in quak4 will blow you away. When I listien to Mp3's of high qualtiy I swear it's like being at a concert or in the studio.

The only con I can think of is my ears are ringing.

I guess you get what you pay for. But if you can't afford the 900 get the 500. And if you got zalmans all ready send them back:p.