etdeltmp folder

I have a folder called "etdeltmp" in the temp directory
with almost 80,000 files total 1 gig all the files have a
name like 00004AD4.DEL of about 100k each the file type is
DEL file
What are they? How come so many and can I delete them
manually
Thank you in advance for a response
1 answer Last reply
More about etdeltmp folder

    Temp files generally created by running apps and installs, they should be
    auto deleted on shutdown, but this is often not the case.
    Either run Disk Cleanup or delete (permanently) the folder manually.

    "Dwight" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a folder called "etdeltmp" in the temp directory
    > with almost 80,000 files total 1 gig all the files have a
    > name like 00004AD4.DEL of about 100k each the file type is
    > DEL file
    > What are they? How come so many and can I delete them
    > manually
    > Thank you in advance for a response

File System Microsoft Windows