Files on a Two Comp Network

Hello

Old Comp. - WinME New Comp - WinXP

I have connected a new comp. to a previous comp. with the intention of
getting files into the new comp. as required.

Under the network, A SHARED DOCUMENTS folder has appeared on both
machines plus a MY Docs on the new.

When I try to access the My Docs on the New Machine I am asked for a
Password.

During the set up procedure - which I have done three or four times! -
I do not get any request or opportunity to create a password.

If I copy a folder structure to the shared folder on the old machine I
can open them with whatever prog. I am running on the new machine and
vice versa.

Is this normal? Copying the files to the shared folder is not much
more effieient than copying them to a CD.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Jeff Milan

Edward Milan wrote:

> Any advice would be much appreciated

You might try posting in a more suitable group. Your question has
absolutely nothing to do with ethernet.