how many folders & subfolders can windows back up

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 24, 2004 12:39:09 PM

hi all;

does windows 2000 svr has a limitation on the levels of
subfolders that can be backed up ?

my backup software, Veritas BE, is behaving strangely,
folders were backed up but are empty folders. but however
and strangely, it affects only a small portion of the
entire folders selections.
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 2:02:58 PM

No.

Also, the OS does not directly provide backup services; it provides a file
system for access and some backup API's/flags that help with ACLs. The
FileSystem (NTFS in this case) provides access to the files for whomever is
asking (backup apps, Explorer, etc.).

Pat

"pk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all;
>
> does windows 2000 svr has a limitation on the levels of
> subfolders that can be backed up ?
>
> my backup software, Veritas BE, is behaving strangely,
> folders were backed up but are empty folders. but however
> and strangely, it affects only a small portion of the
> entire folders selections.

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 2:14:42 PM

Hi hope all is well. I have the same problem with my backup 2003 server sbs.
Have you found any fix's or answers please let me know bhogan@emediaofli.com
Thanks

!