how many folders & subfolders can windows back up

hi all;

does windows 2000 svr has a limitation on the levels of
subfolders that can be backed up ?

my backup software, Veritas BE, is behaving strangely,
folders were backed up but are empty folders. but however
and strangely, it affects only a small portion of the
entire folders selections.
2 answers Last reply
More about folders subfolders windows back

    No.

    Also, the OS does not directly provide backup services; it provides a file
    system for access and some backup API's/flags that help with ACLs. The
    FileSystem (NTFS in this case) provides access to the files for whomever is
    asking (backup apps, Explorer, etc.).

    Pat

    "pk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi all;
    >
    > does windows 2000 svr has a limitation on the levels of
    > subfolders that can be backed up ?
    >
    > my backup software, Veritas BE, is behaving strangely,
    > folders were backed up but are empty folders. but however
    > and strangely, it affects only a small portion of the
    > entire folders selections.

    Hi hope all is well. I have the same problem with my backup 2003 server sbs.
    Have you found any fix's or answers please let me know bhogan@emediaofli.com
    Thanks

    "pk" wrote:

    > hi all;
    >
    > does windows 2000 svr has a limitation on the levels of
    > subfolders that can be backed up ?
    >
    > my backup software, Veritas BE, is behaving strangely,
    > folders were backed up but are empty folders. but however
    > and strangely, it affects only a small portion of the
    > entire folders selections.

File System Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows