moving profiles from computer to computer

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hi, we are running a Win2000 network, we do not use Roaming profiles
meaning the profile is local on the machine. Is there an easy way to
move the profile from one computer to another without user
intervention? Ex) the user is getting a new computer and you want the
files, desktop settings, favorites moved to the new computer but the
user has never logged into the new computer. Is there any MS or third
party software that will do this?

Thanks,

Bernie

The short answer is, use roaming profiles. they are designed to do exactly what you are talking about.

Why don't you want to use them?