Turbo_VE_Max

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
I just have to say that I love Google. Google makes me look so freaking smart and technical

It finds information, lets me view pages that may have recently removed from public view.
I can find drivers, guides, information on extensions, FCCID Links.

It's also my simple spellchecker, currency converter, temp converter, etc…

It is the single most important tool for modern techs.

I love it when someone hands me some uber-generic 802.11b PCMCIA card and after 10 minutes on Google I have drivers for it and a user manual.

Thank you Google team

Doug

Turbo_VE_Max

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
I thought I would give everyone a break from the:

Rate this system for me...
I dropped my computer now it doesnt boot, what happened?...
Whats the best Conroe motherboard?...

Turbo_VE_Max

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Hellz yes it does. That and youtube.com

(side note: I believe I knew a person that died on the Conair flight...kinda hits a little harder to home now :cry: )

pat

Expert
I just have to say that I love Google. Google makes me look so freaking smart and technical

It finds information, lets me view pages that may have recently removed from public view.
I can find drivers, guides, information on extensions, FCCID Links.

It's also my simple spellchecker, currency converter, temp converter, etc…

It is the single most important tool for modern techs.

I love it when someone hands me some uber-generic 802.11b PCMCIA card and after 10 minutes on Google I have drivers for it and a user manual.

Thank you Google team

Doug

Do you have the link? .... :?

pat

Expert
You know what i dont remember.

Try looking up the link to goole using MSN, or yahoo... they should have it.

Ok..If I understand right, I need msn messenger? I'll setup a msn account and ask someone over there..

Thanks!

Yahoo.. I got it!

You know google is a word in the dictionary now right? look it up. It was added this year during revisions.

Also, as a collige student you cant use online sourses for papers that you do write, only liberarys.

.llet tnac ohw esoht rof esoprup on gnorw ti tleps

Skibumtx

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
I thought I would give everyone a break from the:

Rate this system for me...
I dropped my computer now it doesnt boot, what happened?...
Whats the best Conroe motherboard?...

Turbo,
I see what you're trying to do and it makes a lot of sense.

I remember the good old days of Tom's where they always listed 3 recommended systems as part of a FAQ. They had a Budget system, Intermediate and High End recommendation with up to date pricing. I always thought that was a good way to head off some of the more basic questions.

Ski

Turbo_VE_Max

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Turbo,
I see what you're trying to do and it makes a lot of sense.

I remember the good old days of Tom's where they always listed 3 recommended systems as part of a FAQ. They had a Budget system, Intermediate and High End recommendation with up to date pricing. I always thought that was a good way to head off some of the more basic questions.

Ski

Yeah you are right. Stickies are not a bad thing people, I mean having a 1/2 page of stickies would really help if they were updated weekly if not daily.

Think about it, a set sticky for 3 three tiers of computers systems and CURRENT prices, then another thread debating whether the specs should be updated or changed in a weekly process.

Now as related to troubleshooting and Google searching:

I love helping people out with their computer related issues, and on top of that I always enjoy working with one of my friends, he doesn't know a lot but is willing to learn, as such I just give him a general action plan to follow and he comes back with the results which are more or less unbiased because of his lack of ego about tech stuff.

Now I hate telling people the following "1 9 2 dot 1 6 8 dot 0 dot 1 enter...now take a screen shot and send it to....with print screen...that key...no... top part of your keyboard...ok I'll be right over :( )
Or
ME: What brand is your router?
MORON: 4-Port.
ME: No the brand?
MORON: Um Wireless brand?
MORON: O wait here is the serial number 8 0 2 dot 11 b
ME: You suck at looking…

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Not to burst your bubble or anything but 10 minutes just to find a driver and manual is a long freakin' time. Use the force luke, Google can do that in 60 seconds.

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Not to burst your bubble or anything but 10 minutes just to find a driver and manual is a long freakin' time. Use the force luke, Google can do that in 60 seconds.

Some of us have to find drivers for something other than a 3Com NIC.

Turbo_VE_Max

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006

Could be a good challenge thread, give everyone the fccid and do time-trials till you are able to download the driver for XP. poster with the lowest time wins. Kinda like a lamer version of Uplink.

I can guarantee it will take longer than 60 seconds n00b.

Either way can we LOCK this thread; I've already made my point.

Thanks guys

Why lock the thread when there is people out there that still dont know what google is! We need to educate them with door to door drives! Whos with me! I will print the fliers, the posters, the cute pictures for little kids. Who wants to walk the neighborhood with me! Every one in the USA must know first hand the greatness that is the miss spelled search engine named Google.

Ok now you can lock the thread.

Turbo_VE_Max

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Why lock the thread when there is people out there that still dont know what google is! We need to educate them with door to door drives! Whos with me! I will print the fliers, the posters, the cute pictures for little kids. Who wants to walk the neighborhood with me! Every one in the USA must know first hand the greatness that is the miss spelled search engine named Google.

Nice cars (RX-8 ) Some day I'll get my turbo maxima up and running to give you a run for your money.

Ok NOW we can lock the thread :D

foshizzle

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
Oh i found it for you. Its strange cause its in piglatin... wierd.
http://www.google.com/intl/xx-piglatin/
Haha, this is awesome!

I'd like to say that I love Google as well. The search engine makes life so much easier and better, it's just amazing. But not only that, have you checked out their like 1000 other projects they are working on? Gmail totally rocks, the new Page creator totally rocks, spreasheet totally rock, froogle totally rocks, etc etc. I mean the list could go on and on.

To sum up, Google rocks.

foshizzle

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006

You know they are good if I am actually tempted to help you on such a crusade. :)

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006

You know they are good if I am actually tempted to help you on such a crusade. :)

oh forgot to tell u

ahem clears throat .....

Happy 100th post !!!!!!!

i didnt have a chance to tell u

:D