differences between 802.3 and Ethernet ?

Last response: in Networking
December 30, 2004 2:44:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.org.ieee (More info?)

What are the main differences between IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet ?

Tito
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 2:44:52 PM

In article <z_QAd.6615$dr.5534@news.ono.com>, Tito <a@a.com> wrote:

> What are the main differences between IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet ?

Today, there are none. The terms are synonymous.

--
Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting
21885 Bear Creek Way

Send replies to: usenet at richseifert dot com
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 4:30:46 PM

In comp.dcom.lans.ethernet Tito <a@a.com> wrote:
> What are the main differences between IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet ?

Committe vs "mean-and-lean" design ?

--
Peter HÃ¥kanson