differences between 802.3 and Ethernet ?

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.org.ieee (More info?)

What are the main differences between IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet ?

Tito
2 answers Last reply
More about differences ethernet
  1. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.org.ieee (More info?)

    In article <z_QAd.6615$dr.5534@news.ono.com>, Tito <a@a.com> wrote:

    > What are the main differences between IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet ?

    Today, there are none. The terms are synonymous.

    --
    Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting
    21885 Bear Creek Way

    Send replies to: usenet at richseifert dot com
  2. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.org.ieee (More info?)

    In comp.dcom.lans.ethernet Tito <a@a.com> wrote:
    > What are the main differences between IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet ?

    Committe vs "mean-and-lean" design ?

    --
    Peter Håkanson

Ethernet Card Networking