Help!Filter driver attachment problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

Hi All,

I have preexisting file system filter driver X on my machine. It attaches to
Ntfs and usually works fine.

Apart from this, I have written a file system filter driver Y which attaches
to Ntfs too. But I am facing one problem here.
After installing Y, I expect X should attach to Y and Y to Ntfs, but it does
not happen. Y attaches to Ntfs and works as expected, but attachment of X to
Y fails.

Please help me out in figuring what is going on wrong here. What could be
possible reasons here?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rosh.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

Rosh,

I would suggest consulting the docs and examples provided by Microsoft with
their File System development tools.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows File System

Want to email me? Delete ntloader.