Help!Filter driver attachment problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

Hi All,

I have preexisting file system filter driver X on my machine. It attaches to
Ntfs and usually works fine.

Apart from this, I have written a file system filter driver Y which attaches
to Ntfs too. But I am facing one problem here.
After installing Y, I expect X should attach to Y and Y to Ntfs, but it does
not happen. Y attaches to Ntfs and works as expected, but attachment of X to
Y fails.

Please help me out in figuring what is going on wrong here. What could be
possible reasons here?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rosh.
1 answer Last reply
More about help filter driver attachment problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

    Rosh,

    I would suggest consulting the docs and examples provided by Microsoft with
    their File System development tools.

    - Greg/Raxco Software
    Microsoft MVP - Windows File System

    Want to email me? Delete ntloader.

    "Rosh" <rosh @ yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have preexisting file system filter driver X on my machine. It attaches
    > Ntfs and usually works fine.
    >
    > Apart from this, I have written a file system filter driver Y which
    attaches
    > to Ntfs too. But I am facing one problem here.
    > After installing Y, I expect X should attach to Y and Y to Ntfs, but it
    does
    > not happen. Y attaches to Ntfs and works as expected, but attachment of X
    > Y fails.
    >
    > Please help me out in figuring what is going on wrong here. What could be
    > possible reasons here?
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rosh.

Filter File System NTFS Microsoft Windows