A1e3m

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Ok heres the deal, i've been watching flash videos on youtube for a while....
And the other day i went to the site to watch the Mentos+Coke thing, and there was noo sound!!
Now i thought a restart would have fixed my problem, but no use...Still cant play flash audio...
Video is perfectly fine....

Upon realizing this, i did everything possible i could think of...
Un-installed and Re-installed Flash player...
Quicktime uninstalled and reinstalled...
Updated sound drivers, firmware updates etc etc...

And still i cant get it fixed....It sucks without Youtube :x

Anyone have the simmilar or close to problem?

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Whoa, I'm not alone. youtube was fine for me then one day last week I can't get any sound either. For me it's not just youtube though, any video that's embedded in the page, I can't get sound for.

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Hey,
If you're still having problems, I just recently found a solution. Open up the registry (start/run/type in regedit). And go here:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

In the right side, right click and select new string. Type in "wavemapper" and OK. Double click it and type in "msacm32.drv" for the value and click OK. Close out the editor and you should be good to go. I'm not sure what causes this. I've heard that some codecs overwrite the msacm32.drv driver, I've also heard that a couple windows updates overwrite this file. Whatever the case it doesn't seem like its putting this driver back into the registry as it should be there.