Sign in with
Your question

ITunes 11 (It Stinks!)

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 1, 2012 6:43:09 AM

Just "Upgraded" to iTunes 11, one big strep backwards (in my opinion); search for music by artist, go to the albums page, I get about a dozen relevant albums with the rest of the page (hundreds of albums) filled with irrelevant Cr@p (self hypnoses for ESP, self hypnoses for sex addiction, self hypnoses for astral travel ... :o  ); if this is the direction iTunes is going they can stick it!

More about : itunes stinks

December 2, 2012 12:11:50 AM

Some parts are okay and the rest I agree with you. You cannot download the trailers any longer in the i tunes movie section.Not good at all and the podcasts are no longer available either to download.
December 2, 2012 4:48:21 AM

Been trying to use it, but the more I try the more I hate it, there is so much that has has stopped working!

Had a look through the iTunes support thread on Apples Forum, several pages of threads complaining about features that no longer work; Apple really seem to have dropped a(nother) big one.
Related resources
December 9, 2012 8:37:54 AM

The last iTunes was OK, but with version 11.0, I bought an album from the Store and two tracks did not download. Went through the online help motions. Got a reply, followed directions, still no joy so gave the feedback. They replied with extra info, tried it all, several times, overnight, following day etc. Still did not work. Gave feedback and no reply at all after a week. Went back to original faulty downloads to report problems, quoting prior history of unresolved problems. Got standard online reply, it will be attended to within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago, and nix, nada, zilch since then. As a simultaneous issue, bought Mountain Lion a few months back. Purchase paid for. Never got the download. Have contacted iTunes online support re this issue about 3 separate times in last two weeks. No reply. Tried ringing Apple Support, queue was hopelessly long, I wonder why? Two weeks have passed, and my original problems remain.

This is beyond a BIG STINK...I was quite happy with Apple for last 10 years, but this iTunes 11 is hopeless. Plus I have found certain parts of the new version, either don't open properly, or don't work, or boot me out.

APPLE has blown it badly with this one.

No apparent way to fix problems, report problems, nor complain properly.

My next step is to go the local Apple Store and make a real nuisance of myself, and make it loud and clear to other customers to not bother buying any more Apple Products until they get their act together. Come on everybody, hit Apple where it hurts, make them lose sales.

Enough is enough. The new technology is really giving me the shits. As consumers we don't tolerate buying a new car with such inherent problems, faults and service. Government consumer protection sorts that out, but apparently no deal with Apple Sales and Support?

What to do?
December 10, 2012 1:31:54 AM

JustSomeJoe said:
Been trying to use it, but the more I try the more I hate it, there is so much that has has stopped working!

Had a look through the iTunes support thread on Apples Forum, several pages of threads complaining about features that no longer work; Apple really seem to have dropped a(nother) big one.
An old saying in life LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE
December 16, 2012 1:31:44 AM

Did you people ever notice how STABLE iTunes 10 was? It was amazing! It never crashed or froze even once while I used it since 2010.
December 19, 2012 3:40:26 AM

I'm not upgrading to iTunes 11. Not now, not ever.

This is Apple iOS 6 maps all over again.

Don't mess with the product that works fine.
December 20, 2012 12:54:38 AM

amdfangirl said:
I'm not upgrading to iTunes 11. Not now, not ever.

This is Apple iOS 6 maps all over again.

Don't mess with the product that works fine.
100% I agree with you.I am sorry I upgraded.
December 20, 2012 2:17:12 AM

******* Apple. Some of their products are built well and their OSes can be good once they've worked the bugs out of a particular release, but most of their non-OS software sucks from an IT perspective.
December 30, 2012 10:43:07 PM

One word to all...Spotify. After I had multiple problems with iTunes 11.whatever, they can keep it. The sound quality on Spotify is even better. I'm lov'in Spotify even more as I listen to it. Do yourself a favor and uninstall iTunes and Apple completely and check out Spotify. I think you'll be glad you did. There is an alternative.
December 31, 2012 12:45:56 AM

thomasplane said:
One word to all...Spotify. After I had multiple problems with iTunes 11.whatever, they can keep it. The sound quality on Spotify is even better. I'm lov'in Spotify even more as I listen to it. Do yourself a favor and uninstall iTunes and Apple completely and check out Spotify. I think you'll be glad you did. There is an alternative.
Is this a third party application and is it free?Never heard it.
January 4, 2013 3:38:26 PM

musical marv said:
Is this a third party application and is it free?Never heard it.

It is free after registration and it is quite popular in Sweden. I think it still comes with 20 hours of free music streaming every month with some ads in between.

If I'm not wrong you can still play mp3 files stored locally on your computer and obviously they have a very large selection of music to choose from.

I currently have a premium subscription which only costs 10 bucks a month which gives me unlimited streaming and the ability to have offline playlists (Make a playlist and you can still play the entire playlist on your computer or smart phone when there is no internet connection) which I think is pretty sweet compared to buying tracks or albums one by one.

Link to their site here
!