Shared Folder permissions

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

W2K AD domain.
DFS Root with links to various departmental folders mainly
on one server.
Users all connect S:\ drive to DFS root and navigate to
their departmental shared folder.
Standard permissions on each departmental shared folder
are the following:
Share - Everyone Full Control
NTFS - Domain Admins Full Control, Dept Modify.
All departmental subfolders inherit permissions and have
the same permissions all the way down the departmental
folder hierachy.
What can I do to stop a department user deleting the
department shared folder straight from the DFS root.
I presume it is possible for them to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Dave,

Try this, Change the DFS root permissions so that the
Departments have Read\list and then set the modify
permissions in the actual Department folders. This way
they can see and move through the DFS root, but not make
changes. It means making the permissions settings on all
of the department folders, but if it saves a departments
data it is worth it.

Jeff :)