Epson C66 paper jamming

I'm unable to stop the paper jamming evertime i try to print on my c66. As
far as I can see theres no foreign objects in the path of the paper but
everytime it pulls it in it curls the edge up and then jams.
Any ideas?
TIA

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote:
>I'm unable to stop the paper jamming evertime i try to print on my c66. As
>far as I can see theres no foreign objects in the path of the paper but
>everytime it pulls it in it curls the edge up and then jams.
>Any ideas?
>TIA
Is the "leading" edge curling and is there a part of that edge that has
pronounced damage? If so then I bet there is a (possibly really tiny)
obstruction hidden amongst the rollers.
If there is really NO obstruction then there may have been a mechanical failuer
in which case I am afraid to say that the printer would not be economic to
repair. In almost every case I have found a well hidden obstruction (moths,
paper scraps even pieces of leaves or flowers). Taking the cover off makes
finding these easier. You can try to gently force a piece of stiff cardboard
through the paper path to push anything out of the way.
Tony

Could the printer be advancing the paper so it becomes crooked and that
causes the paper to get curled or jammed? Sometimes one of two rollers
gets glazed with inkjet paper surface coating and causes the wheel to be
too slippery and not advance one side evenly. This can cause the paper
to skew to one side and get curled and then jam.

I suggest cleaning both paper advance rollers toward the back of the
printer, where the paper enters. You can use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing
alcohol without any added lubricants) and a long cotton or foam swab.

If that isn't workable, gently spray a piece of heavyweight non-inkjet
paper (like student watercolor paper cut to size) with isopropyl
alcohol, or window cleaner and run it through the printer several times,
using the load eject buttons, and see if that helps.

Art